Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Boxing/MMA Thread  (Read 51358 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:33 am »

Most would have Ward at #1 but I don't. I'm a fan of Broner's corny a$$ but he isn't ready for Money right now either.

no, most would have Mayweather @ #1.  however, outside of Mayweather...Ward and Broner both are better than Rigondeax, who you have " #1 pound for pound ".  there's no real argument against that

Cotto is a HOF'er that can punch bro.

Cotto was decent against Mayweather...made Mayweather switch over to his dad as trainer.  most gave Cotto 5 of the 12 rounds.  it was a fight worth watching.  that's what i'm after  

Marquez is as well, we saw that when he knocked Pacquiao's head off his shoulders.

Marquez is great for lil mexican fighter, but no not a real threat.  he has a lil power now after powering up for the Pacquiao fight, but he's still old as hell.  Marquez was gettin shut out by Pacquiao before that last second flash KO and Pacquiao was up and smiling in the interview thereafter.  wanna see power?  go on youtube and watch the Pacquiao-Cotto fight.  no smiles by Cotto

any one of Alvarez, Broner, or Pacquiao move to the top of Mayweather's resume if he fights them.  and he's 36yrs old and on the way out

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:04 am »

5 of 12? n*gga please lol. He dinged up Mayweather but probably only won 3 rounds.

Broner could go to Mayweather's body like Cotto did, and can run with Mayweather too, but Mayweather might land 80% on Broner lol. Same thing with Pacquiao. Mayweather would just run like hell against Canelo, but Canelo would be sucking wind. Mayweather is slowing down but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 4 Ws minimum out of this Showtime deal. Canelo will likely be 1 of the Ws.

I'm jumping out there with the Rigondeaux pick as far as resume, but the Donaire fight was a real message. He can't be touched. He was doing some Sweet Pea-sh*t out there

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:27 am »

5 of 12? n*gga please lol. He dinged up Mayweather but probably only won 3 rounds.

plenty of experts gave Cotto 5 of the 12 rounds, breh.  Mayweather won the fight doe...you're gonna be alright.  point is, it was a fight worth watching.  knew that going in

Broner could go to Mayweather's body like Cotto did, and can run with Mayweather too, but Mayweather might land 80% on Broner lol. Same thing with Pacquiao. Mayweather would just run like hell against Canelo, but Canelo would be sucking wind. Mayweather is slowing down but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 4 Ws minimum out of this Showtime deal. Canelo will likely be 1 of the Ws.

regardless of what happens in a fight with Broner, and Broner is indeed a better defensive fighter than you're saying, Broner-Pacquiao-Alvarez go to the top of Mayweather's resume when they step foot in the ring.  and that's before the results

I'm jumping out there with the Rigondeaux pick as far as resume, but the Donaire fight was a real message. He can't be touched. He was doing some Sweet Pea-sh*t out there

Rigondeax's a talented fighter, but you're also jumping out there in saying he can't be touched.  Donaire's talented too, but not otherworldly.  simply put, he's not Manny Pacquiao, but he's good.  he'll collect more losses...none will probably be as devastating as Pacquiao's last loss, but none of Donaire's wins will be as great as Pacquiao's either.  his talent level is good, not great.  Adrien Broner's talent level is great.  if old man Rigondeax steps in against Broner, he'll be walked down by Broner and touched.  and hard.

Fair enough.
buddy holly
Star

( - ) ( - ) Yeah Buddy

Respect: +238

« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2013, 01:06:30 pm »

Would love to see Floyd pick apart the Mexican Tomato. Floyd claims he has 5 more fights in him, probably going into the age of 39. I don't see him lasting that long. He's gonna wanna go out a champ. Canelo would be a good fight next and then hit the jackpot and go all in for Manny.

Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #289 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:23 am »

Chael Sonnen Wants To Buy WWE  Grin
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2013, 10:38:05 pm »

Broner/Malignanni was cool...Broner Tiger Knee'd and Uppercutted the sh*t out of Paulie lol. Broner was a statue out there though. Would be no comp for Money at all

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:53 pm »

great performance by Broner.  had by far the cleaner shots.  Malignaggi runnin around throwin a lot of punches, but not landin much of anything

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »

" goin home with his belt and his girl "  lol

lol @ Malignaggi gettin fired up and tryna get in Broner's face for what he said.  ok, Paulie...you got the NY mob behind you.  but Broner will wipe the floor with ya 1 on 1, breh.  BRONER DID WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YA 1 on 1, BREH

Fair enough.
MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +532

« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:52 am »

Just out of curiosity...Do you guys have a *** ton of douchebags that think they're mma fighter and hot *** and such when you could probably kick their *** around your towns? Or is that just a thing around here?

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2013, 10:49:12 am »

Just out of curiosity...Do you guys have a *** ton of douchebags that think they're mma fighter and hot *** and such when you could probably kick their *** around your towns? Or is that just a thing around here?

That's everywhere man

MettaFan
All-Star

Respect: +532

« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2013, 02:44:00 pm »

That's everywhere man

They're soo dumb...

Metta's Christmas song (via his twitter):
Metta World Peace is coming to town!! He's taking your tweets, and checking twice he is gonna find out whose naughty or nice da da da da da..
He elbows when he sleeping he kicks when he's awake he screams his dog for doo doo on the carpet so be good for goodness sake..
You betta watch out you betta not cry Metta Would Peace is coming toooooo tooowwnnnnnnn!!!!!
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2013, 03:21:07 am »

Broner will never fight Floyd. For starters he needs more quality opponents to even garner that kind of fight. Dude is one fight in to welterweight... Don't get me wrong, kids talented and will run 147 at some point. Just not before Floyd is gone...

There are still better quality fights for Floyd after he beats Alvarez by UD September 14th. And Broner isn't one of them... I'd like to see Broner against Alexander, Garcia, Maidana etc...

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2790

« Reply #297 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:47 pm »

Stick your chin out again Silva...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJZs2A4qYM

Soon....
Kemba2MKG
MVP

Voted Rookie of the Year 2013

Respect: +935

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2013, 12:59:48 am »

Anderson Silva-Chris Weidman rematch set for Dec. 28 in Las Vegas.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2013, 01:00:52 am »
+1

Anderson Silva-Chris Weidman rematch set for Dec. 28 in Las Vegas.

Weidman in trouble

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up

Jump to: