Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Boxing/MMA Thread  (Read 64191 times)
sprewell
a.k.a. maradinho
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2011, 06:10:31 pm »

there will be a better refight. this was probably the most hyped box fight since tyson-lewis....what dissapointment...

congratulations @chelo
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2011, 01:01:12 am »

give Lennox a year to train and wake his body up, a warm up fight or two and HE WOULD TAKE KLITSCHKO O-U-T

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
dalebrambo
a.k.a. AlphaMale
MVP

Veni.Vidi.Vici

Respect: +76

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2011, 01:15:07 am »

Haye is done..

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2011, 01:37:25 am »

Haye is done..

He started?

RIP Madawg
Szahh
MVP

Respect: +37

« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2011, 04:35:43 am »

there will be a better refight. this was probably the most hyped box fight since tyson-lewis....what dissapointment...

The fight had some decent moments, but I am also disappointed. I expected Haye to show something more. But now he says that he had a broken finger. Interesting.

Haye is done..

I don't think so. I know he wanted to retire before he turns 31, but I think he's going to demand a rematch.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:32 pm »

Haye said he had a broken toe, even took his shoe off in the ring after the fight. lol  dude is a *** for going that far for an excuse.  even if it was broken before the fight... you still took the fight and laced them up.  not tryin to hear excuses.

and everytime Haye did attack Klitschko, Klitschko was grabbing Haye behind the head and pulling him down to the canvas and ***.  it was just a horrible fight.  Klitschko is horrible in a sense that he doesn't understand spacing as far as fighting on the inside in a " brawl setting ".  he only knows " box ", which is sad for a dude 6'6'' 250lbs.  Lennox was the quintessential " big boxer " late in his career, but he always knew how to step back and give himself space for uppercuts- overhand rights to put on a show and punish... Klitschko just gets crowded and grabs and uses his size to throw smaller guys to the floor.  hell if you're gonna allow that than Klitschko could've had a decent shot against small, non-jabbers like Frazier and Tyson.  *** Klitschkos are just too big.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2011, 12:58:19 am »

Paul overrated Williams is D-O-N-E.  got dominated/PUNISHED by Lara.  should take his big 6'3'' welterweight *** somewhere and retire.  he better not try to move up... I know Andre Ward would take that fight and use Williams for a toothpick. lol

edit: oh and BTW... the judges gave Williams the fight. lol  the boos/reaction was funny as hell after the decision.  they robbed the hell out of Lara in Atlantic City.  Williams' own trainer and Williams were agreeing in the corner from the 8th round on that he needed a knockout to win.  Lederman had 9 rounds going to Lara, to 3 rounds going to Williams.  and then both judges scored it unanimously. lol  HIGHWAY ROBBERY.  Kellerman, Merchant, Roy all thought the fight should've been stopped in the 9th round because Williams was taking big shots, knees buckling.  atrocious judging on the part of the judges.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=A2KJ3u0VURlOtmYAZwVXNyoA?slug=ap-williams-lara&rnd=9228194367342168269200564
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:20:39 am by regal » Logged

Fair enough.
infinite
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2011, 10:24:47 pm »

Yeah, I gotta agree with you on that. P-Will seems to be done. Dude was out for 8 months and didn't even bother to change ANYTHING about the way he fights. He was still getting hit with the exact same punches Martinez was catching him with in his last fight. He had an exciting style, but his defense is horrible.

You see Rico Ramos on the undercard? Dude was down on all the scorecards and getting outboxed by some feather fisted Japanese guy. Then he just lands a left hook outta nowhere and wins by KO. lol

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:55 pm »

lmao!  all 3 judges from the Paul Williams' fight got suspended by the NJ commision.  suspended indefinately.  they have to take the training all over again before they even think about giving them their license back.  idiots.  i gotta agree with Roy Jones... that decision was the worst judge's decision since Roy got robbed in the South Korea Olympics.  Paul Williams should be in retirement right now after that asswhoopin.

Fair enough.
infinite
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 07:10:48 pm »

Mayweather vs Ortiz in 2 days. Who you guys got? I want Ortiz to win, but I have feeling Floyd is going to Gatti Victor Ortiz.

HBO Boxing: Floyd Mayweather - Greatest Hits

HBO Boxing: Victor Ortiz - Greatest Hits

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

Ortiz has some speed, but not enough.  really what worries me about Ortiz is his footwork though.  he's always leaning forward and his base/stance is almost even.  Money's hardest shots are surprising shots.  i could see Ortiz coming forward late and Money sidestepping Ortiz and putting him down possibly through the ropes.  i'm an Ortiz fan so to speak, but i'm not rooting for either one to win.  i mean i wouldn't mind see Ortiz win, but Money really needs to win so he doesn't get away from Pacquiao.  at some point Manny-Money has to happen and they both need to walk into that fight on winning streaks.  should be an entertaining fight on Saturday.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2011, 10:28:41 pm »

lmao!  where do i start?  lawd.  Ortiz with a disgraceful headbutt.  then Mayweather with a 1-2 punch while Ortiz was trying to apologize with a hug.  fight over.  lol  Money tags Ortiz twice after he hugs him... the ref is looking at the officials outside the ring to get the clock back rolling and flash " KO ".

but after the fight is when the show really started. lmfao!  Larry Merchant starts in on Mayweather with his loaded questions and May doesn't approve.  tells Merchant " you never give me my props, Merchant.  so you know what... you can go interview Ortiz right now.  get outta my face.  you don't know *** about boxing, old man. "  Merchant in all of his glory replies, " i wish i was 50 years younger, i'd kick your ass! "  meanwhile Floyd and Merchant are bumping chest like an umpire and a manager. lol!  Floyd then says " you wouldn't do shit, bitch! "  you talk about comedy.   Floyd left the ring to hella boos.  definately made no new fans.  get this Manny-Money fight underway man.  enough is enough.  this foolishness tonight was just ridiculous.

Fair enough.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:16 am »

lmao!  where do i start?  lawd.  Ortiz with a disgraceful headbutt.  then Mayweather with a 1-2 punch while Ortiz was trying to apologize with a hug.  fight over.  lol  Money tags Ortiz twice after he hugs him... the ref is looking at the officials outside the ring to get the clock back rolling and flash " KO ".

but after the fight is when the show really started. lmfao!  Larry Merchant starts in on Mayweather with his loaded questions and May doesn't approve.  tells Merchant " you never give me my props, Merchant.  so you know what... you can go interview Ortiz right now.  get outta my face.  you don't know *** about boxing, old man. "  Merchant in all of his glory replies, " i wish i was 50 years younger, i'd kick your ass! "  meanwhile Floyd and Merchant are bumping chest like an umpire and a manager. lol!  Floyd then says " you wouldn't do shit, bitch! "  you talk about comedy.   Floyd left the ring to hella boos.  definately made no new fans.  get this Manny-Money fight underway man.  enough is enough.  this foolishness tonight was just ridiculous.

Mayweather Larry Merchant Ortiz

Fair enough.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2011, 07:06:59 am »

That was the funniest sh*t I've ever seen in my life. I hadn't watched a boxing match for years until yesterday and that was just great.

Soon....
Jamm
a.k.a. KAACHOW & POO_JAMM
Star

Respect: +289

« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2011, 02:28:44 am »

Mayweather Larry Merchant Ortiz

BAHAHAHAHA some of the funniest things in boxing in a long time!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up

Jump to: