Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst Case Scenario  (Read 1655 times)
JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:21 pm »

Monroe and Cousins are both off...who do you take?
Aminu Aldrich Davis are the three possible choices
aminu is a SF and you already have like 7
aldrich i kno you dont like
so davis?

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:03:21 pm »

Aminu.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »

I take Al Aminu. take the best perceived talent available. Prince is likely gone after this season, Daye hasn't shown he has the frame to be a starting forward, or skill for that matter, and Jarebko can play multiple positions.

I take Aminu. his ceiling is higher than Davis. and Aldrich is a 6'9 forward masquerading as a true 7-foot center.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:24:55 pm »

I take Al Aminu. take the best perceived talent available. Prince is likely gone after this season, Daye hasn't shown he has the frame to be a starting forward, or skill for that matter, and Jarebko can play multiple positions.

I take Aminu. his ceiling is higher than Davis. and Aldrich is a 6'9 forward masquerading as a true 7-foot center.

thats an excellent point, on pistons.com segment summer school daye said with his ball handling skills he plans to be a sg instead of a sf cross him off the list at the sf position.  That leaves tayshaun and summers, Jerebko is a PF not a SF, Summers can come off the bench but then that leaves tayshaun who will leave us probably at the deadline with his favorable contract.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 03:43:11 pm »

thats an excellent point, on pistons.com segment summer school daye said with his ball handling skills he plans to be a sg instead of a sf cross him off the list at the sf position.  That leaves tayshaun and summers, Jerebko is a PF not a SF, Summers can come off the bench but then that leaves tayshaun who will leave us probably at the deadline with his favorable contract.

Austin is planning on playing SG in the summer league, not for his career. Jonas arguably had his best games at SF, especially defensively. He looks much more comfortable defending SF's than PF's because he is undersized against most PF's. In fact the only reason he started playing PF was because Tayshaun returned from injury and we really didn't have any other options.

JR
a.k.a. JR the BeatBeast & Mr. Solo Dolo & Queensbridge
Hall of Famer

#RARE

Respect: +337

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 12:01:48 am »

so aminu with daye? isnt that redudant taking too high risk high reward SF's in back to back drafts
i think they shud trade out or down i the draft

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 10:43:04 am »

Worst case scenario: Chauncey+ Dyess for Ivo

Worser case scenario: Signing CV and BG with the money

Worsest case scenario: Last season

Yes, those are new words.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »

so aminu with daye? isnt that redudant taking too high risk high reward SF's in back to back drafts
i think they shud trade out or down i the draft

Redundant was drafting a less talented Tayshaun Prince when you already had Tayshaun Prince. Aminu isn't of the same ilk as Daye. Daye is a lanky perimeter shooter. Aminu is a physical rebounder that shows the potential to be a guy who can give you 15PPG without getting a play called for him, a la, Shawn Marion.

Additionally, Aminu has been intensively working on his shooting this summer. If he can get a 15-20 jump shot down he will have "franchise player" written all over him.
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 11:25:57 am »

^ right.

I still don't understand why we have Daye. Nothing against Daye at all as a person, but I was and still am shaking my head as well.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 12:29:10 pm »

Dayes not bad. He's a lights out shooter thats got great length and was a surprisingly good defender last year. He's definitely not ready to start or even get consistent minutes. But if he packs on 10-15 lbs of muscle in the next couple years (he's already got 5 since the end of the season) along with gaining experience he could be a pretty good player. But I agree Aminu with the pick, the Pistons need as much talent as possible and he will likely be the most talented player on the board.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »

^ right.

I still don't understand why we have Daye. Nothing against Daye at all as a person, but I was and still am shaking my head as well.

my eyes bugged out of my head when Detroit passed on DaJuan Blair at 15....amazingly bad move for a team desperate for post play.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: