Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aminu Cancels Workout For Detroit  (Read 1105 times)
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« on: June 22, 2010, 05:03:48 am »

Aminu canceled his workout this week with Detroit. Maybe Dumars told his agent he wasn't interested? or Aminu got a firm commitment from a higher team? I could see Aminu simply not seeing Detroit as a would-be destination with their current glut of small forwards.

What concerns me is, what if Monroe and Cousins are off the board when the Pistons turn is due? I would take Aminu over Davis, Udoh or Aldrich. It's simply taking the best talent available. And when you're picking in the top 10, it isn't because you're one piece away from going for a title, it's because your team if fundamentally not built right and you're seriously lacking talent. (unless you traded into the draft)

It just concerns me. I would rather have a high rebounding small forward in the ilk of Gerald Wallace in Aminu over a project like Udoh or Davis that aspire to be Ben Wallace with less rebounding and a post move or two.

I'm not trying to make this a "I hate Udoh/Davis/Adrich" post. I just think Detroit could potentially pass on the best player available on the pretense of filling a certain need. Detroit's future at SF is anything but certain.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:36:54 am by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:05:50 pm »

It probably means Aminu has a promise from a team picking ahead of Detroit, or like what you said about the glut at SF's he doesn't want to join.

bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:00 pm »

Good, Im really praying that we dont get another sf/small pf.
eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

Thank god, the last thing we need is another tweener.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: