Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gomes and Babbitt to the Blazers for Webster  (Read 4324 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« on: June 24, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »

Discuss.

RIP Madawg
powerballn503
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »

I love the trade for Portland ...
Im Pumped Babbit is the next "Great White Hope"
Go Blazers!
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:57:25 pm »

Go Blazers!

Flynn-Webster-Johnson-Love-Milicic is way better than Flynn-Brewer-Johnson-Jefferson-Love

RIP Madawg
powerballn503
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

Go Blazers!

Flynn-Webster-Johnson-Love-Milicic is way better than Flynn-Brewer-Johnson-Jefferson-Love
Brewer>Webster
Johnson=Outlaw
LOL
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:32:39 am »

I'll ignore the douche above me, but I kind of like the deal. Giving up Gomes' contract was tough but Babbitt was redundant on the team and Webster is a solid addition.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 01:43:32 am »

Go Blazers!

Brewer>Webster
Johnson=Outlaw
LOL

You cannot be serious.

RIP Madawg
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 02:30:25 pm »

Excellent trade for Minnesota, getting a floor spacer in Webster, and with drafting Johnson he fits into that starting lineup quite nicely. The Wolves should improve a decent amount for the next season, and we've still got a whole offseason to go for them to tweak things.

Soon....
sofakingbad
Starter

Respect: +49

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 03:46:54 pm »

Excellent trade for Minnesota, getting a floor spacer in Webster, and with drafting Johnson he fits into that starting lineup quite nicely. The Wolves should improve a decent amount for the next season, and we've still got a whole offseason to go for them to tweak things.

Lets say that this is a 25% impovement AND they can keep improving at the 25% clip for the next 5 years. The win total's using the 15-67 season as a starting point (Cause this has to be the low point)  Would be (wins rounded up).

19-63 2010-11
24-58 2011-12
30-52 2012-13
38-44 2013-14
48-34 2014-15

Does 48-34 make the playoffs?  It's tough to be an optimistic wolves fan.

shangrila
MVP

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 02:05:29 am »

It's tough to be an optimistic wolves fan.
Trust me, we've had lots of practice

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 03:54:30 am »

I don't like the deal. If Babbitt was redundant we could've just drafted someone else. -__- Like James Anderson, or Eric Bledsoe - both would bring scoring punch off the bench.

As for Gomes - I know his buyout would somewhat hinder our cap space... but there are sooooo many teams looking to clear cap space nonetheless that Gomes deal would be enticing to them. As in; they trade for him, buy him out for whatever he has in his deal (800k guaranteed?) and that still puts them in a better position. I mean... Webster earns A LOT and has been an injury-prone bust up to now. How clearing cap space by giving the right to buy out Gomes helps us when we take on this much salary? If we had to... I mean, wouldn;t Michael Beasley be the same high-risk high-reward guy earning similar money?

But then again... if Kahn went in risk mode, we would've drafted Cousins. ANd traded for Beasley. That's what I wanted to see out of this draft, not Johnson and Webster They're probably nice guys, good attitude, productive role players. They are not turning this laughingstock of a franchise around.

I feel like a Raiders fan after the team just made Darren McFadden and Darrius Heyward-Bey their two last 1st rounders. Then again, if we are for a probable turnaround just like the Raiders are currently - let's hope Kahn has more moves up his sleeve.
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 04:22:04 am »

I don't like the deal. If Babbitt was redundant we could've just drafted someone else. -__- Like James Anderson, or Eric Bledsoe - both would bring scoring punch off the bench.
James Anderson had a lot of bad workouts, so 16 would have been a stretch for him. And I seriously don't understand your Bledsoe obsession. He's one of the bigger projects in the draft and wouldn't have brought much to the team in his first year.

As for Gomes - I know his buyout would somewhat hinder our cap space... but there are sooooo many teams looking to clear cap space nonetheless that Gomes deal would be enticing to them. As in; they trade for him, buy him out for whatever he has in his deal (800k guaranteed?) and that still puts them in a better position. I mean... Webster earns A LOT and has been an injury-prone bust up to now. How clearing cap space by giving the right to buy out Gomes helps us when we take on this much salary? If we had to... I mean, wouldn;t Michael Beasley be the same high-risk high-reward guy earning similar money?
According to Kahn teams didn't even want the 1 million that Gomes' contract would leave, so again no surprise there.

But then again... if Kahn went in risk mode, we would've drafted Cousins. ANd traded for Beasley. That's what I wanted to see out of this draft, not Johnson and Webster They're probably nice guys, good attitude, productive role players. They are not turning this laughingstock of a franchise around.
You're under rating Johnson here, but I agree they were safe picks in the large scheme of things. Although I can't understand interest in Beasley.

He's not a guy that can play SF, so he'd be adding to an already bad log jam at PF. He also just came out saying he hated how it's a job which isn't encouraging. Cousins is kind of similar and I think he'd have failed with the expectations that would have been put on him here. He can't ever be a face of the franchise type of player, his personality just wouldn't be able to handle it. He went to a good place for him at Sacramento.

CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

Respect: +14

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 06:45:08 am »

I would start Brewer and let Babbit be that instant offense coming off the bench and have him finish the games.  Hopefully bringing in Johnson can help make this triangle offense work.  I still say trade Jefferson and Flynn + filler for CP3 and Oke.  You gotta take Oke's horrible contract but its CP3 in minny and i can go watch him then!!!

"I hope death is like a big French orgasm."

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 06:52:59 am »

Bower is not stupid enough to take Flynn and Jefferson for CP3 and Okafor. Sad But I'd love that.

shangrila; Miami would take Gomes and kiss our hands. They traded Cook and their first rounder for peanuts. Presti is god.

You don't want Beasley but how in the world would you justify the trade for Webster? We traded the 2 best players in the deal and TOOK ON salary. Godawful. Beasley is an expiring if anything, Webster has 2 years left on a steep price considering his services.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:55:35 am by czaras » Logged
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 01:26:58 am »

shangrila; Miami would take Gomes and kiss our hands. They traded Cook and their first rounder for peanuts.
No, actually. At least according to Kahn they didn't want the 1 million on their roster which I'm willing to believe. The difference between the deals was that teams like Oklahoma and Washington were offering pure capspace.

You don't want Beasley but how in the world would you justify the trade for Webster? We traded the 2 best players in the deal and TOOK ON salary. Godawful. Beasley is an expiring if anything, Webster has 2 years left on a steep price considering his services.
He's paid around 4-5 million a season so it's not steep. And with what was left at 16 I'm happy they got Webster out of the deal. He got under used in Portland's offence but showed he had talent when given minutes. I mean, he's scored 24 points in a quarter so it's not like he doesn't have some talent.

And I think you're overlooking his intangibles. I know you'll probably snort at this, but it's about time the team got some veterans. Webster has playoff experience with Portland and was a great locker room guy for them. All that and he's only 23 so I wouldn't be upset with him if I were you.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 02:18:45 am »

Seriously, czaras, Webster could be a key to success. Excellent defender, consistent shooter with the ability to keep defenses honest and at home.

Don't misunderstand success, I completely understand success might be reaching 20 wins. He makes the team better, and so does Lazar Heyward, for that matter. It pretty much means Damien Wilkins won't be back. YES!!!!!

Brewer-Webster-Johnson-Heyward-Ellington for 48 minutes at two spots surely beats Brewer-Gomes-Wilkins-Pavlovic-Ellington.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: