Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Gilbert Arenas Destination thread  (Read 15036 times)
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

Respect: +1181

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 05:51:20 am »

Wow, giving up Bargnani and DeRozan for Arenas... If BC does that I'm killing someone because it's not fair at all.

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
CP3 With the Dish
All-Star

Respect: +14

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 06:26:58 am »

Give up Hedo + Filler for Gilbert.

But to be honest Gibert's not leaving Washington.  They will play him at 2 to see how him and wall mesh if it doesnt work out then they will trade him around midseason.  Highly doubt they trade them to any team he doesn't want to play for though.  He and that franchise have a good history together.

"I hope death is like a big French orgasm."

"When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." - Lil_flip_remix
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 07:31:47 am »

Honestly, I smell Arenas and either Boozer or Amare in New York.  I'm leaning towards Boozer (who woudl be the better choice anyway).  Arenas and Boozer would actually not be too bad for the team, though it would still struggle to find any type of defensive identity, which would hurt them.  Could they bring in a Tyson Chandler along with those guys?  If they could get a trut shot blocker, and a major upgrade in perimeter defense, they could actually have a fairly well balanced team.  Arenas' ability to penetrate and score, Gallinari's sharp shooting and Boozers inside out game and rebounding would mesh pretty well.  They'd keep the floor spaced and Arenas could run the pick and roll with the best partner he ever had.  I could see that team make the playoffs at least, but not have the defense to win once there.  Either way, I can't see teh Knicks landing one of the big three FA's, so they could potentially dump off Eddy Curry and Bill Walker in exchange for Arenas and they'd end up with more cap space to sign someone like Chandler and a perimeter defender.  They could be on their way, just not "Lebr"on their way.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
nynj2k7
Benchwarmer

Respect: +14

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 09:49:29 am »

Maybe not for Bargnani now that I think about it but you gotta think if they lose Chris Bosh, they would well at least I would think Bryan Colangelo who doesn't want to get fired would be desperate to do anything. Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu have both fallen off, they don't have much else after these names, they would have to do something or they would be screwed.

UNIT, Yes if you check the salary section of hoopshype.com you will see the Pacers have 9 players' contracts expiring including 5 of their top 6 in Troy Murphy ($11.9M), Mike Dunleavy ($10.5M), TJ Ford ($8.5M), Jeff Foster ($6.6M) and Jamal Tinsley who doesn't play for them anymore ($5.5M). Carmelo Anthony, Caron Butler, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, David West and Tayshaun Prince all headline as the top free agents for 2011. With that in mind teams will definately be calling the Pacers for expiring contracts. The Memphis Grizzlies and Milwaukee Bucks are among other teams that could jock for position.

I see the Knicks as one of the most likely situations for Arenas on my list as well, cause as a fan I sense disappointment hopefully it won't happen and the Knicks will grab one of the top prizes this year, but gotta be ready for anything. I would only be somewhat happy if Eddy Curry was involved in a trade for Arenas he will make $11M in his expiring yr to sit on the bench and I would rather have Agent 0 over Curry any day.

RIP #14 ANTHONY MASON
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 10:04:45 am »

There's a thread on this already.  Merged.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 08:28:39 am »

clippers? yeah probably. its a logical trade, but if i were the clippers i'd be torn. arenas might take the ball off eric gordon (but not really coz arenas also played with other scorers) but he might stun gordon's growth. arenas and gordon back court could give Griffin an easy job inside. and yeah, arenas would sell tickets and jerseys for them!

new york, yes. if they dont sign a marquee FA.

as for Philly, they were too worried unloading Dally's contract and now they get Arenas (the big difference here though is that Arenas is a superstar, but i dont think they need him)

The Bobcats would surely need arenas, especially if Felton leaves. He might take this team to another level.

Pacers- not happening

the Raptors- I would love to see a Hedo+Calderon or Jack for Arenas+decent player trade. Putting Derozan and/or Bargs there is completly irrational.

As for the Kings, NO. They have Tyreke Evans as the face of the franchise. Tyreke is a SG, but I dont see them paying Arenas that much

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
SKY
MVP

三小?

Respect: +7

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:21 am »

Why in the world would you move this thread when everyone from all over the forums are participating in this discussion?

In fact, the majority of the posters here aren't even Wizards fans.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 05:04:46 pm »

I can see a Gilbert/future 1st  for Granger

That wouldn't shock me, even if it was a dumb move for Indiana.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: