Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumars' Last Chance Or He Should Be Fired  (Read 3180 times)
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

Respect: 0

« on: June 26, 2010, 10:00:35 pm »

I might sound harsh here, but I think this should be Dumars' last year if he fails yet again. Really, what is the last seriously positive impact he has made for the team? Have a good 2007 draft? Because Im not counting signing an old Ben Wallace or stealing a Jonas Jerebko (hes will never be a true starter on a good team) as his notable moves. I might give him the Jerebko drafting, but that was countered by a horrible pick in Daye (yes, I hate to be a pessimist but he isnt that good! Hes a skeleton for gods sake! Plus he passed on Collison, Lawson, and Cassipi) and well, we dont even know about Summers. What has he done since the 2007 draft? Trade our best player for cap room to overpay too overrated players, sign KWAME BROWN, trade Afflalo for nothing. And its not like his track record was perfect before 2007. Uh, Darko? Uh, signing Nazr Mohammed? We Pistons fans really need to stop overrating our GM.

Greg Monroe better be good. And hopefully we see some kind of potential from Terrico White (although it seems like a pretty nonsensical pick to me). If Dumars blows this free agency and fails to move some players around for new and young up and coming players, and if we dont improve (not necessarily make the playoffs but atleast get in the high or mid-30 game win range), then the Pistons must fire his ***. I know the Davidson family loves Dumars, but someone up there needs to realize hes been way off the past few years.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:56:06 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:05:13 am »

Austin Daye doesn't suck. He was a rookie,

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:10:12 am »

Dumars certainly isn't one of the top GM's in the league. I believe his biggest mistake was signing Hamilton to that ridiculous extension. Nobody is high on the Gordon and Villanueva signings at this point. But, both of those guys were seriously banged up last year.

Charlie had a pulled hamstring, foot injury, back spasms and a broken nose. through all that, he only missed three games. I have to give him some credit there. 

Gordon's season has to be viewed as an aberration. His scoring was too low to be considered his best.

If Gordon and Chilli Vanilli can come out at 100% next year, Detroit would probably have the best bench in the league, or some of the best depth.

Stuckey/White/Bynum?
Hamilton/Gordon/Daye
Prince/Jerebko/Summers
Monroe/Villanueva
Wallace/Wilcox/Brown?

plus the MLE!

If Stuckey realizes that if he becomes more of a threat to set-up teammates for easy buckets, then he'll be able to penetrate easier, and everyone is healthy, this is an unquestionable playoff team. This is why I don't feel Detroit NEED to make a trade this summer. I think they're built for a playoff run, but as a GM, you can't control the health of a players body.

Monroe is the true question mark. If he is truly a guy they can run an interior offense through, Detroit could be become a serious threat in the league. We'll have to wait and see.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:57:44 am »

Let him finish this project never let a new gm walk in on a half done team then you end up starting over when you get him.

Gordon & villi both played hurt all season and prior to gordon getting injured he was averaging a good 23 ppg.

Daye is a rookie and he needs time

Maxiell should be traded and let dajuan get his mins

Jerebko should start sf Prince needs to be traded for a pass first pg

Stuckey is okay im a fan of him

bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 03:13:07 pm »

Let him finish this project never let a new gm walk in on a half done team then you end up starting over when you get him.

Gordon & villi both played hurt all season and prior to gordon getting injured he was averaging a good 23 ppg.

Daye is a rookie and he needs time

Maxiell should be traded and let dajuan get his mins

Jerebko should start sf Prince needs to be traded for a pass first pg

Stuckey is okay im a fan of him

Thats why he gets a year to finish his project.
Dont agree with the Daye thing, I dont think hes gonna thrive in the NBA, too weak.
Agree with the Maxiell thing.
Really agree with the Prince thing.
I like Stuckey, but can we all agree that he just doesnt fit with the Pistons. Im wondering if Dumars realizes this, or still thinks Stuckey is the second coming of Billups?
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:31 pm »

If Dumars is fired, he would have a new GM job with another team within 24 hours.

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:59:38 am »

If Dumars is fired, he would have a new GM job with another team within 24 hours.

oh duh

eSGee
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 10:34:58 am »

Joe D does make a lot of hit or miss moves.. I didn't really like the CV and Ben Gordon signings, I think they are a little overpaid for basically two sixth men. Ben Gordon when healthy is definitely a big time scorer though which is  what you want from a SG. But CV, on the other hand, while talented offensively doesn't really score all that much or rebound or defend..
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 11:07:47 am »

oh duh

Because hes overrated, a year or two down the road the team owner would regret it.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »

oh duh

Because hes overrated, a year or two down the road the team owner would regret it.

No, it's because he's a phenomenal GM. And a year or two down the road the Pistons would regret firing him.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:47:31 pm »

Dumars did what he felt was best for his teams. They aren't all hits, nor misses. I would rather have Dumars, than Kevin McHale/Kahn types who are generally horrible at every part of building a team.
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 09:25:23 am »

Now it comes down to what he does with Prince. Prince is our biggest trading chip, if he blows a deal or trades him and Rip for scrubs...I say fire his ***.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 09:59:26 am »

I'd be happy if he traded Rip for expirings and picks. That would be good enough for me.

Prince, he has to get something back for him. He's already an expiring contract. They would have to take back some young talent and a pick for him at the deadline, I believe.
eSGee
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 01:54:23 am »

Dumars did what he felt was best for his teams. They aren't all hits, nor misses. I would rather have Dumars, than Kevin McHale/Kahn types who are generally horrible at every part of building a team.

It's not saying much when youd rather have a gm over the two worst Gms in the league.
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 09:38:59 am »

Prince, he has to get something back for him. He's already an expiring contract. They would have to take back some young talent and a pick for him at the deadline, I believe.

Yes yes yes. We gotta get something to work with for the future. If we get **** for Prince, Dumars has to go.

PS-Dumars couldnt get in on that 4-team trade? Come onnn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: