Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assistant Coaching staff starting to take shape...  (Read 560 times)
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« on: June 28, 2010, 01:09:27 pm »

"After weeks of speculation, the Oklahoma City Thunder's coaching staff will indeed be affected by the hiring of Tom Thibodeau as Chicago's newest head coach. Ron Adams, the man many have credited for being instrumental in building up the Thunder's defense, will join Thibodeau's staff with the Bulls.

The Thunder will not, however, lose Maurice Cheeks to the Bulls as well. Cheeks, who arrived last summer, for awhile was rumored to be a candidate for both the head coaching job and a possibility for Thibodeau's staff. Thibodeau even mentioned Cheeks by name in his introductory press conference last week. But Cheeks will remain with the Thunder for the 2010-11 season."
  - Oklahoman

I'm happy about getting Ron Adams. Our defensive knowledge will be endless next season! I'm excited to see the improvement and development they can get out of our young players. Noah and Gibson were already very good weak side and help defenders and with these two coaches in place is could do wonders for not only them but the entire team. I was kind of hoping Mo Cheeks would jump on board. I think he would have been a really good mentor type coach for Rose. I think old school point guard type coaches have a certain understanding for the game that could hugely benefit these young point guards. However, I guess that kind of goes without saying.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: