Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Chance We Can Land Carmelo Anthony?  (Read 2767 times)
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« on: June 30, 2010, 05:03:01 pm »

As all of have most likely read, the Denver Nuggets are timidly shopping Carmelo Anthony. They don't want to be left in a similar situation as Toronto, and possibly Cleveland, where their franchise player walks for nothing.

Detroit have been regular trading partners with Denver, sending Billups and Afflalo there over the last couple seasons. Is it Denver's turn to scratch Detroit's back? Send them Prince and Hamilton for Anthony and Kenyon Martin, buyout Martin and let him return. Not sure on the exact number, but it should be pretty close.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:34:05 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:53:15 pm »

As all of have most likely read, the Denver Nuggets are timidly shopping Carmelo Anthony. They don't want to be left in a similar situation as Toronto, and possibly Cleveland, where their franchise player walks for nothing.

Detroit have been regular trading partners with Denver, sending Billups and Afflalo there over the last couple seasons. Is it Denver's turn to scratch Detroit's back? Send them Prince and Hamilton for Anthony and Kenyon Martin, buyout Martin and let him return. Not sure on the exact number, but it should be pretty close.

They are going to want a lot more than rip and tay. Why would they want to be a washed up version of 04 pistons?

Jerebko, hamilton, future firsts could possibly work.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10:13 pm »

I don't see how Rip, Tay, Daye and a future first wouldn't work. They're not gonna get a superstar in return for him, a veteran package with a young good prospect. We could maybe send them a couple more draft picks. Like TP said, we've basically built their team for them to make a run. Their run is over now and this would be better for them than losing him for nothing.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:34:39 pm »

I don't see how Rip, Tay, Daye and a future first wouldn't work. They're not gonna get a superstar in return for him, a veteran package with a young good prospect. We could maybe send them a couple more draft picks. Like TP said, we've basically built their team for them to make a run. Their run is over now and this would be better for them than losing him for nothing.

Built their team? How so? Chauncey and Affalo? Thats their team? Chauncey is aging as are Rip and Tay.

If we can't move Rip or Tay to get Boozer or a player like that, what makes you think Denver will give us Melo? That makes no sense. Its not like they are going to return the favor and just hand him over when there is amazing young talent out there.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:22:43 am »

Because Anthony will effectively be a rental for whichever team trades for him. No team will throw out a player they believe will be an impact player in the future.

do you ever bring anything to this site, or do you just go around shitting on everything?
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:40:12 am »

Built their team? How so? Chauncey and Affalo? Thats their team? Chauncey is aging as are Rip and Tay.

If we can't move Rip or Tay to get Boozer or a player like that, what makes you think Denver will give us Melo? That makes no sense. Its not like they are going to return the favor and just hand him over when there is amazing young talent out there.

Because teams don't just trade out a boat load of young talent, this isn't a video game or a fantasy gm game. Why would a team trade young talented players that they will have for many more years for a one year rental of carmello anthony? A gm would get fired immediately once melo bolts.  That's why you never see kobe for lebron trades in real life, there's lots more consequence. I think that rip tay and prospects would be something that denvers looking for. Can another team make a better offer? Probably, but this is pne they would consider.

JD3
a.k.a. joshdetroit3
Star

Respect: +89

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 09:51:00 am »

if i was the gm of detroit, i would do anything to land melo

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:26:11 pm »

Because teams don't just trade out a boat load of young talent, this isn't a video game or a fantasy gm game. Why would a team trade young talented players that they will have for many more years for a one year rental of carmello anthony? A gm would get fired immediately once melo bolts.  That's why you never see kobe for lebron trades in real life, there's lots more consequence. I think that rip tay and prospects would be something that denvers looking for. Can another team make a better offer? Probably, but this is pne they would consider.

If this trade were to go through the team giving up the talent would expect to have a contract in place for Melo to sign an extension. I can take Ivo's point of view cause I know he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to the Pistons, but palmer your input means about as much to me as a penny. I'm sorry but when I imagine this trade, I don't imagine doing it for a one year loan. I didn't realize Detroit was THAT CLOSE to being a contender that a mid season deal would turn them into contenders.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 03:34:17 pm »

Be realistic. This is a business man. There are no favors.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »

You're right, there are no favors. Like Kevin McHale pushing incredibly hard for Garnett to endorse his trade to the Celtics....or the Grizzlies trading Gasol for pocket lint, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that 90% of the office staff are Jerry West's boys.

just because you disagree with me, it doesn't give any validity to your views. everything you've "counter pointed" has been moronic and easily disproven. you're the last person I would ask a view on for anything.

Johnny Rico
All-Star

Hi Jazz

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:32 pm »

You're right, there are no favors. Like Kevin McHale pushing incredibly hard for Garnett to endorse his trade to the Celtics....or the Grizzlies trading Gasol for pocket lint, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that 90% of the office staff are Jerry West's boys.

just because you disagree with me, it doesn't give any validity to your views. everything you've "counter pointed" has been moronic and easily disproven. you're the last person I would ask a view on for anything.

Pocket lint? Because at the time Marc Gasol and Javaris Crittenton weren't highly touted prospects?

You tell me Mr. GM....What are the front office ties between Detroit and Denver? I don't remember Dumars playing or running the Nuggets? Did i miss something here?

And what have you disproven? Anything at all? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here.

BTW, Garnett wanted to play for a contender and Boston was (Mchale did not beg him to go)

oh yeah

so did Gasol....

eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 01:35:51 am »

***.. we should've just drafted him  Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: