Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heat Interested in Mike James?  (Read 2120 times)
TORaps
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 09, 2006, 08:39:40 am »

Now the Heat want Mike James and I can actually see a player I would sign and trade him for.... James Posey. At 6.3mil (around what MJ is going to want) he plays the 2 and 3 and I think would fit in nicely and don't forget he has an expiring contract, so use him for a year and have 6.3mil more cap space next year. Looking at all the other teams that are interested in him I think this trade would make the most sense.
saham
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 10:03:01 am »

DAS GOOD, ATLEAST NOW WE CAN SIGN & TRADE FOR JAMES POSEY Tongue  Tongue  Tongue
ollie
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:08:28 am »

I'm thinking Dorrell Wright.  

There was a bit of talk about him in the Al Harrington thread.

I mean who knows maybe he can play?  I always have hope with these players.  Foolish hope usually?

Anyone picked Tskitishivili off waivers?

o
Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 10:52:30 am »

didn't they just re-sign posey?  wouldn't that mean they can't trade him? or did they just pick up an option on him for the final year?

Chri§ ßo§h 4
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 12:21:34 pm »

I think just one team should sign and trade him. I want to get over this MIKE JAMES thing. Sheesh.

bakax
Journeyman

Respect: +3

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 03:38:43 pm »

James Posey has a player option for ~6.4M and he picked it up.  

I don't want to get him for Mike James though, he had been pretty much injured/bad in the last a few years.  Read something about him being out-of-shape at the training camp -> easily get injured.  He was a good defender and good shooter, but he doesn't seem to be good anymore and he's getting old.  I would rather keep Mike James around than to get James Posey.

I would like to get Dorell Wright + some picks + filler though.

Raptors + Rockets + Suns
Biggs
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 07:02:59 pm »

I really can't see the Heat wanting Mike James over James Posey.  I think he was a huge help to the Heat this year and will be againg this year.  As far as him being old, I'm pretty sure Mike James is older, plus Posey's contract is off the books after this year, unlike James who wants a 5-year deal: we already have one Alvin Williams eating up cap-space.  Besides, I can't see the raps wanting posey, we have enough wings defenders, albeit unproven but still.

xcrease
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 08:26:44 pm »

Quote from: "Biggs"
I really can't see the Heat wanting Mike James over James Posey.  I think he was a huge help to the Heat this year and will be againg this year.  As far as him being old, I'm pretty sure Mike James is older, plus Posey's contract is off the books after this year, unlike James who wants a 5-year deal: we already have one Alvin Williams eating up cap-space.  Besides, I can't see the raps wanting posey, we have enough wings defenders, albeit unproven but still.

Maybe the heat think they won't have enough cap space to resign him the following year. So they wan't a little bit cheaper G that could score like james. And posey will be a one year rental for the raps to give there young guys time to develop, Also he'll take some pressure of those guy's.

Though I think BC will let him walk and sign garbojsa and parker instead, wich I'm cool with Smiley
Skillionaire
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:15:53 am »

I think Posey would be good here also. Teach some of the young guys some things for a year as well as replace some of the outside shooting lost in the trading of Matt Bonner, Charlie V the departure of Mike James.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: