Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spurs looking at Shaq Daddy?  (Read 1384 times)
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« on: July 08, 2010, 05:57:52 pm »

Rumour has it spurs are looking at the big cactus.... and apparently shaq is interested as well.... though this doesn't address their main issue, if they decided to re-sign RJ, and sign shaq, and if splitter would come over the splitter would have arguably the best PF of all time and arguably one of the most dominant centres of all time at his disposable to teach him.... though shaq is very old, he could still put in a solid 20-25 minutes during the regular season, and a little bit more during the playoffs, plus this qould allow the spurs to rest timmy a bit more and not play him at the centre position. potential line up?

Parker / hill
Ginobili / james anderson
RJ /
Duncan / Mcdyess / Blair
Shaq / Splitter

Personally, i wouldn't mind shaq in a spurs jersey at all.... I'd enjoy it

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:37:41 am »

I've taken time to think about Shaq in a silver and black, and I believe if the decision were up to me I would pass.  And mainly because it would come down to the money figure.  Shaq, and rightly so, would be after more money than I would be willing to give.  If the Spurs were to sign him I would want it to be a 2 year deal worth 5-6 million.  I believe the Hawks are already offering 2 yrs around 11 mil.  I would want him at half price.

Now as far as on the court, I would think him and Duncan would see very little time together.  I would sign Shaq as a back up Duncan at center, rather than starting next to him.  Both are too slow at this point of their careers to play together, the rotations would be too slow.

If we just look at how Pop would use him, Shaq would most likely miss most of the first 2 months of the season, and start to bring him along in January (like how he did with Horry his last year).  To sign Shaq it would be a move for the playoffs to deal with the size of the Lakers, but for almost every other team he wouldn't help that much.  But if he helps us get past the Lakers, that alone is worth at least $3 mil.

We will know more about the Spurs ability and desire to sign Shaq based on the figure Splitter signs for, which could be announced later today.  But now with Splitter and Bonner getting some of the money, and no SF on the roster, how much can Shaq get from the Spurs becomes a tough question to answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: