Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-evaluating 2009 Free Agency  (Read 2311 times)
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« on: July 10, 2010, 11:13:28 am »

Now that the big fish have signed on lets look back on the 2009 free agency

Pistons Spent 20m on all off Ben wallace Ben Gordon Charlie V and Chris Wilcox

One of those was a epic fail and that was Wilcox, last season i was crucial to the Brass (dumarS) for what they done traded away billups to get that package above but now lets look at it.

If we would have kept billups would we have won another Championship?

No they were over the hill we ran the same offense through and thin it was time to break it up so we wont end up like the mid 90's and early 2000 pistons who decided to keep there core even when it was waay to old

Should we have saved our capspace for 2010?

A resounding no, look at the nets,clippers,chicago missed out on the big fish now there picking up the scraps, chicago did manage to grab a good pf in boozer but at what cost?  tyrus thomas/Ben Gordon/Kirk Hinrich/Kevin Saraphin/John Salmons/Brad miller just to get boozer? ehh.  I dont any of the fa's would have came to the pistons  we would have just overpaid david lee to come play for us. Today i rather have BG and CV then just Boozer and krover.

What did we gain last season?

Introducing GREG MONROE, due to the injuries we were in the top 7 in the draft.  Due to golden state taking udoh we were gifted with a very skilled player with a high bball iq (according to our assistant coach in vegas) in monroe.  We finally have a big man of the future, we also got another goodie in terrico white he knows how to finish at the rim unlike stuckey (albeit is getting better though).

How can we move forward?

The best thing ever TRADING Rip and Tayshaun prince is almost out the door we might be able to bring in another quality player like al jefferson.  Also the Nba draft will be nice if this team cannot make the playoffs, since the megastars teamed up the best move might just be the lottery.

What to do now?

Develop our young ones this is our young starting five White-Daye-Summers-Jerebko-White

Austin has gained 10 pounds of muscle (very good thing)

Summers is more aware on offense and defense (another goodie)

Jerebko has also gotten stronger and worked on his mid range shooting (luis scola?)

Did Joe Dumars know what he was doing the whole time or was it just luck?

Combo of both he knew he couldnt lure a FA so he got the best from the last period and bit on it, when you look back on it its starting to look genius.

What went wrong last season?

Injuries crippled (no pun intended) the pistons, our top 6 players all were hit with injuries that sustained more then 10 games.  We are NOT a 27 win team when completely healthy, ben gordon was doing really good in the early season before getting injured then when he came back he struggled but then got his grove
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:40:43 am by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 11:28:01 am »

I agree.

If it wasn't for the injuries we probably would be adding Kevin Seraphin and Deshawn Sims or something. I'd much rather lose and get Monroe than get the 7th or 8th seed and get scrubs that wont help you improve.

Bulls fans gave us *** for spending 85 mill on Gordon and CV last summer, now they're spending 110 mill on Boozer, Korver, and Redick........ HAHAHAHA.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:18:47 pm »

I agree.

If it wasn't for the injuries we probably would be adding Kevin Seraphin and Deshawn Sims or something. I'd much rather lose and get Monroe than get the 7th or 8th seed and get scrubs that wont help you improve.

Bulls fans gave us *** for spending 85 mill on Gordon and CV last summer, now they're spending 110 mill on Boozer, Korver, and Redick........ HAHAHAHA.

I know Bulls vs Pistons is like battle royale in this forum, but Boozer is a lot better than Charlie V and the Bulls already have this Rose fella...

Soon....
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »

I agree.

I'd rather take Boozer blindfolded in a wheel chair than pay Charlie V and Ben Gordon 85M to ride the bench.  It's pretty funny how all Pistons fans talked about was getting Boozer until he opted to stay. 

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 05:54:08 pm »

I agree.

I'd rather take Boozer blindfolded in a wheel chair than pay Charlie V and Ben Gordon 85M to ride the bench.  It's pretty funny how all Pistons fans talked about was getting Boozer until he opted to stay. 

Oh yeah I forgot about how all we talked about was getting Boozer. But whatever as long as it sounds good in your head...isn't that right? Bron and Bosh signing sounded good in your head...Winning sounds good in your head...Being more than an 8th seed sounds good in your head...

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:16 am »

I agree.

Oh yeah I forgot about how all we talked about was getting Boozer. But whatever as long as it sounds good in your head...isn't that right? Bron and Bosh signing sounded good in your head...Winning sounds good in your head...Being more than an 8th seed sounds good in your head...

If the you think the Bulls are really an 8th seed, good for you.  I'd much rather be an 8th seed with Rose/Boozer/Noah as my core of the future than sit in the basement and have Greg Monroe/Charlie V/Ben Gordon as my future.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 01:45:59 pm »

That's because you're a Bulls fan. Believe it or not, our future isn't "Monroe, Charlie V, and Gordon". We're building around Stuckey, Gordon, Jerebko, Monroe...also if Daye and Summers keep improving steadily like they are then soon Prince and Rip will be expendable. But the thing is all of our guys are very young 25 or younger in most cases, Bulls just gave a huge 5 year contract to a guy thats 30. On top of that you gave up hinrich, thomas, salmons, gordon, miller just to get him. The Bulls are not nearly in as good of shape as you think they are, and I guarantee you if the Pistons aren't injured the ENTIRE season like last year they will be much better than you think.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 04:25:48 am »

We knew that the Pistons screwed up in 09'. Now we know how much.

Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 06:03:26 am »

Yeah it was a fail free agency by Pistons, signing these guys to ludacris contract eek.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 10:30:33 am »

But they were both injured all season, you can't judge it yet until they play a season together healthy. They're both good players and not nearly as bad of contracts as everyones signed this year.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 01:25:42 pm »

I'm worried that CV's defense will always be "injured", something rarely said of Piston players.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 01:39:57 pm »

I'm worried that CV's defense will always be "injured", something rarely said of Piston players.

Except neither of them have had injury problems before in their career, which points toward more of a fluke.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:55 pm »

CV has never averaged more than .8 bpg and sadly, it was his rookie season. It seems more like a lack of skill or effort on the defensive side than it being due to planta *goldmember voice* fashaaaa itits.

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 02:31:56 pm »

CV has never averaged more than .8 bpg and sadly, it was his rookie season. It seems more like a lack of skill or effort on the defensive side than it being due to planta *goldmember voice* fashaaaa itits.

Providing interior defense isn't really the reason Joe D brought Charlie V to Detroit. We needed a big guy to stretch the floor so the middle would open up for guys like Stuck, Bynum, and Gordon to drive to the hoop. Unfortunately for Charlie when it feels the like you have marbles in your heal when you jump, it's hard to shoot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: