Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warriors Offseason Grades  (Read 1311 times)
B.King
Star

Respect: +41

« on: July 13, 2010, 12:28:51 am »

I wanted to share my thoughts and hear what the other faithful have to say about the busy off season by the Warriors. Here are my grades:

Drafting of Udoh and the selling/dumping of the 2nd Round Pick earns the Warriors a grade F. Udoh comes to the Warriors older and with less fanfare than Wright and Randolph. Given their follow-up deal for Lee it would make more sense to me for them to have drafted Monroe.The 2nd Round pick could have been moved up easily or for some future consideration rather than a throw-in in the Maggette trade.

Trading for David Lee for Randolph, Turiaf and Azibuike earns the Warriors a B+. I like everyone else hates losing Randolph especially since Nelson will be gone soon. However, I never thought that the current administration had the balls to do this deal and give them credit for picking up a solid citizen in Lee. Being in cap purgatory meant the Warriors had to go a route like this to pick up a decent player. Lee is a better fit than Boozer who signed for similar dollars.

Free agency grades is incomplete as the Dorrell Wright signing was an excellent pick up at a reasonable price, but we have to wait to see how that impacts Anthony Morrow. The Warriors at the very least should do a sign and trade back to NJ for their future 1st round pick owed. If the Warriors do this their grade is a C -, as Morrow will be deadly when paired with Curry and a legitimate low post threat. If they keep Morrow in addition to Wright then the grade is B+. If the Warriors allow Morrow to walk then the grade is an F.

Jay
Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:21:04 pm »

Looks like they got a C-ish in your eyes.

In my opinion, I'd give them a C+ with the main plus being the fact that there would be new ownership. The Lee / Randolph trade was okay, not good not bad either. The main things with this team are Curry's development and everyone staying healthy. But then again, Udoh is already hurt so it might be a sign.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: