Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010-2011 Current Rotation  (Read 7230 times)
Blitz89
Journeyman

Respect: +1

« on: July 13, 2010, 06:21:41 pm »

So with a few moves made, here's what we're looking at for next season.

C: Brendan Haywood / Tyson Chandler
PF: Dirk Nowitzki /
SF: Shawn Marion / Dominique Jones
SG: Caron Butler / Jason Terry / Rodrique Beaubois
PG: Jason Kidd / JJ Barea / Rodrique Beaubois

We look thin behind Dirk, but I guess that will just allow Tyson to get some more minutes. We've said all along that Haywood would be our starter, but I can see Chandler taking that over if he proves he can be a force.
French-Kobe
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:30:51 am »

I red somewhere that Beaubois will be the starting SG for the Mavs next season...And you forgot Ajinca. I hope he will have some minutes.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 04:24:04 am »

Since Chandler can play both power forward and center along with the fact the Mavs have Marion, I don't think Ajinca will get many minutes.

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:12:34 am »

i really wish the mavs had Al Jeff, but Cuban became too picky... Tyson had many health issues in the past im not very sure about him...

yeah i also hope we signed Al Harrington, he could be instant offense off the bench while Dirk is resting.

I do agree that Tyson and Marion can fill up the backup PF position and Caron also shares some minutes in the SF, coz if he gets full time SG i wonder how many minutes will be left with Jason Terry.

Also Beaubois is > JJ Barea so I now see lesser minutes for Kidd and Barea (compared to the PT they had last year, as Kidd gets older as well but will still start and play like 28-32 mins)

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
fitxtreme313
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28:49 am »

Go to the DALLAS MAVERICKS

G- Gilbert Arenas              4 years $80,154,460   
2nd Round Pick

FOR   

SF- Shawn Marion            4 years  $33,244,592                   
G-   Jason Terry               2 years  $21,531,000
G-   DeShawn Stevenson   1 year   $  4,151,786

Mavericks take on Arenas HUGE CONTRACT and get the attacking, dynamic outside player they have needed so bad. Arenas slides into that SG spot and has kidd to run the offense, dirk as the other TOP TIER superstar, Butler moves to his real position of SF, have 2 athletic centers to run, rebound and defend. (Plus Butler and Haywood have played with Arenas). They would have a great staring five. Mavs also clear excess salary and can make better roster moves filing spots with players that better suit the team. Terry wouldn't get the same minutes with this starting 5 and he has slumped a bit and too small in size(and mavs need to change chemistry with him gone, easier to do) Mavs lower their payroll this year taking less of a cap hit. Gain a future 2nd round pick which should be a good pick since the wizards shouldnt have a great record.

Wizards get rid of Arenas killer contract and get shawn marion for the same years but less then half the cost. Marion moves into the SF spot and gives the team a great veteran all around player to help PG Wall and someone he can dish the ball to and run with.
Terry gives them a good bench player or starter for scoring and another veteren and is only a 2 year contract and could easily be traded in his final year of the deal.
Stevenson is a solid defender and good team player to use when teams needs some energy or extra minutes. Is a expiring contract which is GOLD in the NBA. Wizards would still be under the cap this year and lose Arenas long term contract, making it totally John Wall's TEAM.

Mavs roster
Starters          -Bench
PG Kidd           ,Beaubois,  Barea
SG Arenas*      ,Jones
SF Butler         ,Barnes*
PF Nowitzki
C Haywood      ,Chandler, Ajinca, Mahinmi

Mavs then Sign a swing man like Barnes (Toronto Signing in trouble)
Sign a good G/F 3pt shooter
Sign back up PF for dirk

Mavs then have expiring contracts of Butler, Chandler, Barea, Ajinca, Mahinmi clearing space to make a good FA signing next year.

Wizards
Starters          Bench
PG Wall            ,Hinrich
SG Terry*        ,Young,         Stevenson*
SF Marion*      ,Thornton
PF Blatche       ,Jianlian
C   McGee       ,Armstrong,    Booker

Wizards have a athletic team to run and gun with Wall at the PG. Terry can run and shoot, Marion adds defense and athletism to score around the basket from Wall passes. Young players get more playing time and shots with Arenas gone.

Wizards have expiring contracts of McGee, Armstrong, Young, Thornton, Jianlian, Stevenson
fitxtreme313
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 09:54:15 am »

Mavs roster
Starters                            Bench
PG Kidd      (30min)         Beaubois (15min), Barea(10min)
SG Arenas*(35min)         Jones      (10min), 3pt shooter* (7min)
SF Butler    (28min          Barnes*  (18min)
PF Nowitzki (35min)         Backup PF* (12min)
C Haywood (30min)         Chandler (20min), Ajinca, Mahinmi

KIDD will run the offense and run the open floor. Hit open 3's when Arenas, Nowitzki, Butler kick it out.
ARENAS will have scoring around him and another superstar with dirk. Chance of winning will changes his attitude.
BUTLER is a solid defender and better scorer then Marion. Good team player. (played with Arenas before)
NOWITZKI is the heart and soul, will now have another superstar to help him for another title run. Better team around him.
HAYWOOD and CHANDLER both can run, rebound and defend and use all there fouls since they are both here. Better hands then Dampier.

BEAUBOIS will get more min now that they dont have to work Terry in. Can learn from Kidd and take over soon.
BAREA will give them scoring punch and energy when needed. Will lose time to Roddy getting more min.
JONES will get min based on how other player on doing and how he is progressing.
AJINCA and MAHINMI will get min when Haywood and Chandler are in foul trouble or garbage minutes.

Barnes can run and defend and play multiple postions. Can hit an outside shot. Sign 2year 9 million or use MLE.
Need a cheap knock down 3pt shooter for min when team is struggling from the outside. Will not get many min.
Need athetic PF or a veteran PF like a Kurt Thomas or something that can hit a Mid Range Jumper.
Blitz89
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 01:56:59 pm »

How about Marion, Terry and Kidd for Chris Paul? Haywood-Dirk-Butler-Roddy B-Paul doesn't look too shabby.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:12 am »

How about Marion, Terry and Kidd for Chris Paul? Haywood-Dirk-Butler-Roddy B-Paul doesn't look too shabby.

how about we get emeka too

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
pcb
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:57 pm »

I like what the Mavs have done so far. Of course you could have get an impact player for Dampiers contract, but
Chandler is a solid player and they shipped away Carrolls and Najeras bad contracts.

But I think two trades are still required to become a true title contender. Here my thoughts...

Trade:                Beaubois (POR)  ->  Rudy Fernandez

3-Team-Trade:    Terry (CLE) + Barea (ORL)  ->  Mo Williams + Brandon Bass     

...perhaps some Picks/Money included to get the second one done.

That would create a pretty good roster with a lot of size, playoff experience and scoring, but also some
athleticism and defensive toughness:

Kidd             /     Williams
Stevenson    /      Fernandez
Butler          /      Marion
Nowitzki       /      Bass
Haywood      /      Chandler

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 12:38:54 am »

you'd seriously start stevenson?! WTF

Rod has the potential to be better than rudy..

so you'd rather have good players off the bench rather than let the better players get minutes and a poo like stevenson to start

pcb
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:50 am »

He's a great defender, and with dirk / caron on the floor there is enough scoring to complement him. Look at
the games he started last year for the mavs, that worked pretty good.

I agree that roddy has the potential to be better than rudy, but the mavs have to win now. I love the play
of roddy, but i think rudy as a real 2-guard would fit better right now.
Blitz89
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 09:37:18 pm »

I like how Carlise has stuck with Stevenson in the starters role. Even if he doesn't play "starters minutes" he gets the toughest defensive match-up and tries to throw an early wrench in what the other team is going to try to do.

Working Roddy B into the rotation might be a little tricky if they want to continue starting Stevenson.
sprewell
a.k.a. maradinho
Starter

Respect: +19

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »

I like how Carlise has stuck with Stevenson in the starters role. Even if he doesn't play "starters minutes" he gets the toughest defensive match-up and tries to throw an early wrench in what the other team is going to try to do.

Working Roddy B into the rotation might be a little tricky if they want to continue starting Stevenson.

naah, beaubois will cut into the minutes of barea, kidd and maybe terry. depending on the matchups he could play up to 30-35 minutes against teams with quick point guards.

congratulations @chelo
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 08:24:03 pm »

well, the mavs kept on making a push for melo (as anyone else would) but denver doesnt want to deal melo to the west. (i wish chris wallace also realized this traded pau to the east)

animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 08:11:14 pm »

how about the salaries match?

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: