Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Rule  (Read 16837 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »

You guys are QQing about how Anmar is regulating the topics on these forums and even with the new rules, this is still one of the easier going, more lenient forums i frequent.  Basically all he wants is for ppl to be respectful, on topic and to void out the crap that ppl post from time to time that makes his forums look less appetizing to new comers.

The forums have already improved in quality and its only going to get better as new ppl come in.  I know it seems like he's laying down the law to much, b/c of how lenient he was prior to the big blow out that went down with gw and bteam but in the end it will be best for the forums.  You can't post annoying pics and he is trying to keep ppl on topic with what the original topic is about.  It will cause more threads in the long run and better discussion.  Just give it some time guys and if you still don't like it 6 months from now I'm sure Anmar will here your case and rethink his decision.  All he really did is make it so you can't post annoying pics and derail threads... Its exactly what you guys asked for when you were telling Anmar why you felt GW and Bteam should be banned.  You argued that they were the cause of derailing threads and why so many threads were going off topic.  Now he is just enforcing it on everyone.

Is it really that bad that you can't post annoying pics with cliche sayings on them?  You can't call ppl names, and are now forced to be respectful?? The last month has been a thousand times better then the 3 months prior to it. 

Literally everything in this post is wrong. Try again.

Soon....
madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2011, 06:04:17 pm »

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »

Prime Time says hello. If anyone wants my two cents, here it is.. Internet Discussion Forum Drama or as I call it IDFD lol is so not worth it.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2014, 01:03:19 am »

When locking a topic you should need to identify yourself as the person who locked the topic as the last reply in the topic. Everyone deserves to know who locked a thread that's already been established as a legitimate thread. I'm sick of seeing things locked without ID of the person who had done it. Your job as a moderator in part is to be able to speak to why you made your decision. If someone wants to PM you about why you have decided to lock a thread they should be entitled to do so. By identifying yourself as the culprit of locking it allows the person to know who did it.

Also, a secondary rule I think should be established to "veteran or respected" posters. If you delete one of their threads you should PM them saying what you did and to PM back if they wish to know why.

Obviously, none of this will work without support and agreement. So, everyone on board?

RIP Madawg
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:42 am »

^ ^ Yep, yep. To the other mods, we need to start doing this. As I mentioned in another post, just locking something isn't going to settle anything, especially not without reason.

Also, Anmar, I highly recommend giving Dice some of his mod 'powers' back, at least in the Other Sports section anyway. This place seems to fall by the wayside when I'm not online - or it has the past couple of days anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Jump to: