Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP WANTED!! (creators)  (Read 2485 times)
chitown baller
Journeyman

http://photobucket.com

Respect: 0

« on: July 19, 2010, 02:52:35 am »

in all honesty who can create their own shot on this team besides D-Rose??    other than j johnson can anybody beat their man off the dribble,everyone on this team has to set up. thats not good

WHAT DO I KNOW, I'M JUST THE DUDE NEXT DOOR STEALING YOUR SIGNAL
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:29:00 pm »

When you have a PG that can basically do what he wants, when he wants, you want more set up players.  Look at Utah and NO.  Paul and Williams can do what they want, they drive and kick to set up guys, like Korver.  Adding another creator wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but you wanna let Rose handle and dominate the ball as much as possible.

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:34:40 pm »

in all honesty who can create their own shot on this team besides D-Rose??    other than j johnson can anybody beat their man off the dribble,everyone on this team has to set up. thats not good

it's really not good at all, most top teams have more than 1 guy who will/can create the offense that's when ur offense gets taken to another level which is why the Bulls should of been drafting one of these scoring SGs in the recent seasons or just picking gordon over deng

thats what makes the lakers-magic-celtics better than the rest

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

Respect: +3275

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:05:45 pm »

it's really not good at all, most top teams have more than 1 guy who will/can create the offense that's when ur offense gets taken to another level which is why the Bulls should of been drafting one of these scoring SGs in the recent seasons or just picking gordon over deng

thats what makes the lakers-magic-celtics better than the rest

i think boozer can create his own offense in the post he just needs someone to throw him the ball. not necessarily everyone on the team needs to be john stockton, but they can swing the ball and pass it down low to him. deng SOMETIMES can create his own offense on diagonal drives to the paint. i'm not particularly worried about a possible lack of creators or play makers as i am about the spacing for the offense. i like the addition of brewer because he compliments rose about as best as possible (minus great 3pt shooting). he's a big 6'7" defensive minded, young, athletic sg that will play great off of rose on BOTH sides of the ball. it seems like the assumption is he will be the starter, which would be my guess also. i just think that his lack of 3pt shooting is going to make defenses play zone against us and collapse to prevent dribble penetration by clogging the paint. i don't think we should panic yet though, we made some nice off season upgrades.

bullsfan913323
Star

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:59:50 pm »

Quote from: RepeatTheThreepeat72
i think boozer can create his own offense in the post he just needs someone to throw him the ball. not necessarily everyone on the team needs to be john stockton, but they can swing the ball and pass it down low to him. deng SOMETIMES can create his own offense on diagonal drives to the paint. i'm not particularly worried about a possible lack of creators or play makers as i am about the spacing for the offense. i like the addition of brewer because he compliments rose about as best as possible (minus great 3pt shooting). he's a big 6'7" defensive minded, young, athletic sg that will play great off of rose on BOTH sides of the ball. it seems like the assumption is he will be the starter, which would be my guess also. i just think that his lack of 3pt shooting is going to make defenses play zone against us and collapse to prevent dribble penetration by clogging the paint. i don't think we should panic yet though, we made some nice off season upgrades.
This. And might as well throw in thibadeua said he's starting ronnie.

Scheyer for HOF

Neil Funk does reverse dunks before every bulls games.

Please stop faking injuries Tyrus Thomas.

RIP Johnny Red and Norm. You were awesome.

Banned due to racist remarks. "Racist". You can follow me through my blog. Yeah..
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 03:18:11 pm »

I agree on Boozer, he's great at using his body to create space, although having a good point guard throwing the ball to you never hurts anything. Either way, he's great at using his strength to his advantage to get the ball in the hoop and has some good post moves.

As for Brewer, his athleticism and size to help him out a lot, although I don't know how sure I am that he's someone who can really create their own shot. However, defensively he compliments Rose perfectly. Rose looked much better on defense last year playing next to Salmons and Hinrich on the defensive end as opposed to a poor defender in Gordon.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
chitown baller
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 01:29:00 am »

can any of yall truly tell me when this summer started you were hoping to get C.J. Watson,Brewer,& Korver on this team Cry Cry

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:54:57 am »

I can actually say that I did want Korver on this team. Even if the Bulls had picked up LeBron and one of the other big three, that still wasn't going to solve their problems about stretching the floor, and Korver was my answer for that.

Either way, what's done is done, complaining about it isn't going to help anything. The Bulls have done a great job at filling in their problem areas given the circumstances. You can't just sit there and dwell on what happened with the big 3 free agents. The front office didn't and they went out there and made some of the best moves they could've with what was still left. I suggest all the fans take the same route, because you're not doing anything but annoying everyone else when you sit and dwell on it.

ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:27 am »

Ya its time to move on....lets get excited about what we have going here. If we add a couple more of the right peices, the Bulls were be a heck of a team imo. CJ Watson suprised me a bit....i didnt know he was that kind of a player. Im glad we grabbed him. Hes fast, has handle, can jump a little bit, has a decent shot. We will see if he's willing to play D though. I like what we got going for us right now.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
chitown baller
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 01:30:13 pm »

i'm not trying to be a downer & i'm not talking about the big three at all, i knew that was a long shot.i'm a diehard bulls fan & i wish the best for us this yr,still think we made some questionable moves, blind optimism clouds reality some times.i like brewer off the bench just not starting. IMO HAVING D-ROSE AS THE  ONLY DECENT CREATOR IS GONNA HURT US LONG RUN, but we shall see

vitalnerve
Starter

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 01:56:06 pm »

rose is the ultimate creator, nobody in the league can guard the guy period so that's a pretty good start.  boozer is also excellent in the post, scoring and passing, and brewer/deng aren't bad either.  you don't need a team full of creators, you need one or two and guys who can finish plays, only one guy at a time can start them  Kiss
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 11:31:29 pm »

I think Watson can create too. Looked like it anyway in the highlight videos. But ya i wouldnt mind another creator. Tmac.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 12:46:49 am »

I'd rather they sign God. Supposedly he's very unselfish, so I'm sure he'll accept less pay.

piratestick
Benchwarmer

Respect: +16

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 12:54:10 am »

I'd rather they sign God. Supposedly he's very unselfish, so I'm sure he'll accept less pay.
nah, He doesnt believe in the evolution of the game, also gar-paxon doesn't feel like paying in sacrificial goats without defect.

"We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened". Al Horford on 1/3/2012
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »

Gar and Paxson as usual being their stubborn selves.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: