Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Is Dumars Going To Do Something?  (Read 1127 times)
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« on: July 21, 2010, 06:31:14 pm »

I keep reading in articles that Joe D. wants/wanted to make a splash this offseason.  Well, I am entirely dry (pardon my pun).  Yes, the addition of Greg Monroe is very nice, and Terrico White could turn into a decent player, but I want some proven talent on our team.  Everyone else is significantly improving their team, and we are just sitting there.  I understand that we don't have cap room (I don't know if we have our MLE), but I want to see at least one move, even if it's only trading a backup for another backup.  I want SOMETHING done.  Right now, we are the same shitty team as last year, except we have a tall, inexperienced center on our roster.  Yes...I know we had injuries last season, but I'm still not that impressed with our squad.  Charlie Villanueva is one of the worst NBA players ever (complete exaggeration, but Joe D.'s worst move after The Darko Pick and The Iverson Trade).  Ok.  Rant over for the most part, but is anyone else out there sick of us just sitting idle?  UGH!  I don't even know... *mumbles in frustration*
eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 08:20:11 pm »

There's no need to make a move for the sake of making a move.
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:28:17 pm »

You guys were a bit unlucky with the injuries last year and Monroe will have a solid career I believe.

But even Pistons can stay healthy and prospects develop into what's projected I don't see them making playoff in the new tough East.

And since Charlie V and Gordon (though I wouldn't move him) are immovable, I think Dumars will have to wait for the right move which would be packaging Prince's expiring + Wilcox's expiring + Hamilton and get the best player available for this package. If it doesn't turn out well or Dumars can't move those, Pistons will still have cap room to operate next summer.

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 07:35:26 am »

I wonder if the Sixers would be interested in a Tay for Igg swap.

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:04:36 pm »

I wonder if the Sixers would be interested in a Tay for Igg swap.

I'd go for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: