Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Austin Daye Expectations For Next Season?  (Read 3216 times)
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« on: July 24, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »

What is everyones expectations for the second year guard/forward? Two Summer League appearances where he looked like a real contributor. Will he get some minutes this year? And can he guard the 2-guard spot? If he can, I could see how he could put up some great numbers with his immense height advantage over 90% of the guards in the league.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:23:52 am by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:11:15 am »

I'm really excited to see Austin this year, I have high expectations for him. He already looked stronger in the summer league and he's got 2/3 of summer to go still for lifting weights. Outstanding shooter, lengthy defender, and if he can add some strength and quickness he could be dangerous. I would like to see a trade of one or two of our guards to make some room for Austin to get consistent minutes, I think he is almost ready to be a solid contributor.

eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 03:29:34 pm »

Isn't Austin Daye playing SF?
pooflakes
Starter

Respect: +30

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »

yep austin is a sf/pf tweener but the pistons have been tryin him at sg in summer league, he cannot guard sg's and quick sf's tho

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:58:31 pm »

yep austin is a sf/pf tweener but the pistons have been tryin him at sg in summer league, he cannot guard sg's and quick sf's tho

lol

eSGee
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 09:02:36 pm »

The guy has the length and height of a PF, but he's skinny so SF makes sense, we also have a glut of players at the guard position. I dunno why they wouldn't just keep him at SF?
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »

The guy has the length and height of a PF, but he's skinny so SF makes sense, we also have a glut of players at the guard position. I dunno why they wouldn't just keep him at SF?

He played mostly in SG in summer league because they wanted to play him, Summers, and Jerekbo a lot of minutes. They're all suited well to play SF, although Jerebko is effective at the PF as well. They just tried to give Daye minutes at SG so they could all be on the floor and work on their games.

It just so happened Daye played really well, so that's where all these SG rumors are coming from. There's no doubt though if Austin Daye becomes a good NBA player it will have to be at the SF position.

eSGee
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:09:38 pm »

He played mostly in SG in summer league because they wanted to play him, Summers, and Jerekbo a lot of minutes. They're all suited well to play SF, although Jerebko is effective at the PF as well. They just tried to give Daye minutes at SG so they could all be on the floor and work on their games.

It just so happened Daye played really well, so that's where all these SG rumors are coming from. There's no doubt though if Austin Daye becomes a good NBA player it will have to be at the SF position.

Oh Ok, gotcha. I never heard about that. and I agree about him becoming a SF if he wants to become successful.
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:56 am »

I honestly dont know where Jerebko daye and Summers will all fit in, Prince and rip needs to go asap just to open more mins

Trade Rip for Kenyon Martin (bought out) and 1st round pick this year.

That move can happen now allowing Bg to start at the 2 Bynum to get more minutes at the backup 1 and terrico white takes over the backup 2 role.

You can trade prince but rather wait till the deadline where most of the money has been paid and now teams are looking for some cap relief.

So until Minutes open up i expect him to get spot minutes in the game barring injuries

thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 04:43:29 am »

Daye really impressed me in the preseason. Jerebko's injury was a shot in the dark against the Pistons. But, it has opened up opportunity for a team who needs to play it's younger guys to see what they have.

I'm hoping AD can come out and be a 15-7-1 guy for Detroit this season. I'm putting some hope into the kid, I put him on a couple of my fantasy teams. Effectively dropping Jerebko.
Ol Skool
Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 07:19:38 am »

I can't see Daye (at 6'11") guarding anyone at the 2 spot.  Detroit may run sets for him at that spot on offense, but defensively, he'll have to guard a 3.  I agree with moving Rip and Prince while they still have some value.  After the trade Detroit should start Stuckey and TMac in the backcourt, then have Daye, Charlie V, and Monroe in the front court.
Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »

According to ESPN, Daye will be the Pistons starting power forward.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 04:29:14 pm »

Daye went to being incredibly impressive in the summer league and pre-season, to an utter failure within 6 games. He needs to be moved back to the wings, he doesn't belong in the post. Plus, the starting PF spot should hands down be Greg Monroe's. He rebounds better than anyone not named Wallace, and doesn't try to get all his points from behind the arc.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:34 am »

Daye went to being incredibly impressive in the summer league and pre-season, to an utter failure within 6 games. He needs to be moved back to the wings, he doesn't belong in the post. Plus, the starting PF spot should hands down be Greg Monroe's. He rebounds better than anyone not named Wallace, and doesn't try to get all his points from behind the arc.

+1

Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »

speaking of Monroe and Daye...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: