Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: DEBATE TOURNEY FIRST ROUND - Bteam, Mild brackets - official pairings and topics  (Read 14364 times)
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 03:45:22 pm »

Having a new board would be useful for this actually, Ill ask anmar.

He just deleted the 8 topics I started for each Round 1 matcup, so I'm not sure how receptive he's going to be to the idea.

joehoo2
Star

Respect: +24

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 03:45:26 pm »

Jeremy I will be voting based on someone who identifies the most persuasive facts and points whether I agree with those facts and points or not.

"athletes are arguably better today because they are; that's how progression works. This generation is better than the last and will be inferior to the next." "who said anything about evolution"  xduckshoesx... and I'm the A hole LOL
jmlamerson
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 03:51:46 pm »

Having a new board would be useful for this actually, Ill ask anmar.

He just deleted the 8 topics I started for each Round 1 matcup, so I'm not sure how receptive he's going to be to the idea.

I'm very confused.  Where do we post our threads?
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

Hey Joe, if you need my help in certain situations i'll be happy to help.  Just let me know.  I decided not to compete cause I didn't want to write something equivilent to a paper during the summer.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 07:09:37 pm »

I'm down to judge but we should establish that and a few other things before we rush into this.

nopiforyou
Star

Respect: +4

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:43 pm »

So, where do we start?

Thirty Steps away...
joehoo2
Star

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 01:35:31 am »

Tmac you csn judge. What do you need to establish?

Nopiforyou just make a thread with the topic as your title

"athletes are arguably better today because they are; that's how progression works. This generation is better than the last and will be inferior to the next." "who said anything about evolution"  xduckshoesx... and I'm the A hole LOL
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2010, 02:23:57 am »

Judges should have some sort of guideline to follow because some of the topics may bias the judges in one way or another.
joehoo2
Star

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2010, 02:43:39 am »

That's why 7+ judges will equal out. I'm personally gonna be looking for who can argue things I disagree with effectively

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2010, 02:46:53 am »

So where are we putting these threads?

gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2010, 02:51:37 am »

And the fall of debate tournament #2 begins...
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2010, 04:42:03 am »

Making a thread strictly for the votes, and a thread for all the arguments would be a good place to start. Having them all sent to 1 person to post would also be good for the game. If we don't have someone to do that I could do it and you guys can replace me with another debater. Organization is key for this to work. Rushing these things isn't going to help.

BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2010, 06:59:52 am »

Making a thread strictly for the votes, and a thread for all the arguments would be a good place to start. Having them all sent to 1 person to post would also be good for the game. If we don't have someone to do that I could do it and you guys can replace me with another debater. Organization is key for this to work. Rushing these things isn't going to help.
What other Admins are around that can lock and unlock threads when arguments are posted? 

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2010, 08:51:57 am »

What other Admins are around that can lock and unlock threads when arguments are posted? 
LK and Carson probably could
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

Respect: +291

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:00 am »

It really should be created as an entire board, with a thread for each matchup. That way, voters won't need to sift through one thread with 120 posts to find the 12 that deal with the matchup they're voting on. Just create it as a sub-board of Gen NBA or Off-Topic, that makes the most sense.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: