Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO-Ind(Paul stays)  (Read 421 times)
helarik
Benchwarmer

« on: July 27, 2010, 06:31:48 am »

Granger, Ford for Stojakovic, Collison.

Indiana gets a huge expiring to add to their list of expiring contracts. Also a promising young point guard. They'll probably buy out Peja's contract so he could return to NO for a much much smaller contract.

New Orleans teams Paul up with another all-star and also an explosive back up point.

Would this be enough for Paul to stay?
Gallo
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:45:15 am »

it would help, even if you don't contend the lakers with Okafor and West as 5 and 4. I don't see how they can stop Bynum/Gasol/Odom.

However Granger is an all star, Collison a rookie who played well one year. I'm pretty sure is not enough.
helarik
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:49:25 am »

But the way I see it Indiana is gonna go on rebuild mode anyways after this season.
No point in keeping Granger who is like 27 years old.
Gallo
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05:35 am »

Granger is in his primes. Next year Indiana will have 40 mln on cap, a former all star in his prime and  a bunch of good young pieces. Having a plyer like Granger could mean sometihng on attracking others FA.

More, at february deadline, they can send some piecies (Murphy, Dunleavy) to teams in playoff chase for picks or youngs.

I think they'll move Granger only for a couple of good young pieces, not just Collison.
Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:15:29 am »

Granger is in his primes. Next year Indiana will have 40 mln on cap, a former all star in his prime and  a bunch of good young pieces. Having a plyer like Granger could mean sometihng on attracking others FA.

More, at february deadline, they can send some piecies (Murphy, Dunleavy) to teams in playoff chase for picks or youngs.

I think they'll move Granger only for a couple of good young pieces, not just Collison.
It would take a package of something like Derrick Favors and Terrence Williams to get Granger off the Pacers hands.  I think you guys severely underestimate how good Granger is, he just plays on a horrible team.  His statistical output the last two seasons are better than anything Reggie Miller ever put up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: