Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CP3 trade: Works if Dan Gilbert wants to say "FU Lebron"  (Read 1199 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: July 25, 2010, 01:28:14 pm »

I was finally getting caught up today on all the CP3 trade talk, reading various articles and it seems to me that if a trade is going to happen anytime soon another team has to be willing to take on Okafor's contract.  I think for the Hornets to part with Paul before the season starts, they will only do it if Okafor is gone as well.  And since I dont think any of the teams Paul gave on his wish list (ORL, POR, DAL, and NY maybe being the exception) will take on Okafor, I began looking for a team that would take him.

I came up with nothing.

About 52 million over the next 4 years is tough to swallow.  Nobody in their right mind would take on that contract.  So then I started to think who isn't in their right mind, and I instantly thought of Dan Gilbert.  He is still wanting to stick it to Lebron, and what better way than to insure Lebron doesn't win a title by helping create another great team.

Cleveland, with the losses of Shaq and Z, is needing a center and they do have a few contracts they would like to get rid of, so here is what I came up with...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27sdjqj

Cleveland sends West and Powe to NO, and Gibson to ORL and receives Okafor from NO
New Orleans sends Okafor to CLE, and Paul and Posey to ORL and receives Carter, Gortat and Orton from ORL and West and Powe from CLE
Orlando sends Carter, Gortat and Orton to NO and receives Paul and Posey from NO and Gibson from CLE

So New Orleans hits the jackpot by trading both Okafor and Posey in the deal, they net Gortat and plug him in the starting lineup next to West,  they have a prospect in Orton, and 3 expiring deals in Carter, West, and Powe and all 3 can give you productive minutes next season.

Orlando becomes a beast of a team.  Their tax is taking on Posey's and Gibson's multi year deals.

Ultimately the deal hinges on how Gilbert feels toward his former superstar.  They are getting a starting center for the next 4 years, all be it at a heck of a price.  But you are getting rid of the locker room headache that is Delonte West, getting rid of Daniel Gibson's long term deal that you only gave him because Lebron wanted him aound, and losing Leon Powe 1 of 4 PF on the roster you will be trying to fit in the rotation.
Hova
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:07:20 pm »

So, Orlando would have Paul, Nelson and Duhon playing point guard, their best 2 guard would be Redick or Richardson, so on and so forth. I think if Orlando trades for Paul, there must be another team that wants to take Jameer Nelson back in return. I don't see the Hornets wanting him. I don't see Cleveland needing him unless they can move one or more of their other PG's.

"you can go south, your mom's heading West"
RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 04:17:27 pm »

great deal for orlando. i can't believe cleveland would willingly trade 3 players for emeka.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:13:32 am »

So, Orlando would have Paul, Nelson and Duhon playing point guard, their best 2 guard would be Redick or Richardson, so on and so forth. I think if Orlando trades for Paul, there must be another team that wants to take Jameer Nelson back in return. I don't see the Hornets wanting him. I don't see Cleveland needing him unless they can move one or more of their other PG's.

I know that its foolish to justify any trade this way but, Orlando would do this trade with the idea of then trading Nelson in another deal.  There are a few teams that are interested in trading for a PG, and someone will take Nelson for some backup bigs which Orlando would need.  I think they would be fine on the wings because Redick can start with Pietrus, then have Richardson and Posey off the bench.  Maybe even give Anderson sometime at SF.

great deal for orlando. i can't believe cleveland would willingly trade 3 players for emeka.

Yeah it would be hard to believe they would do it.  I've got no counter, only that they would move 9 million in salary on 3 players that they would probably like to move.

Doesn't matter now though, West got traded and I'll admit that deal was much better for the Cavs than what this one is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: