Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Season After This...How Would You Feel About Trading For Chauncey?  (Read 1608 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« on: August 13, 2010, 09:55:30 am »

As a Nuggets fan, I've accepted the very real possibility that Melo's leaving for NY. If this happens, the Nuggets are best off picking up Chauncey's option and getting some value out of him in the form of young pieces. He's hard to trade because: A. He needs to go to a team where he'd be willing to sign an extension B. A lot of contenders already have a starting PG or system in place.

I think Chauncey would be willing to take an extension in Detroit and end his career there. I'd be pleased if the Nuggets could get Stuckey and Jerebko in return for him.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:46:21 am by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:36:41 am »

I'm no Pistons fan, but I would say that Denver still has time to fix things, especially if they can use Kenyon Martin's expiring contract into something good.

Another thing I just noticed, even if Carmelo bolts, they are in salary cap heaven, so much flexibility to do whatever they please.
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:03:20 pm »

As a Nuggets fan, I've accepted the very real possibility that Melo's leaving for NY. If this happens, the Nuggets are best off picking up Chauncey's option and getting some value out of him in the form of young pieces. He's hard to trade because: A. He needs to go to a team where he'd be willing to sign an extension B. A lot of contenders already have a starting PG or system in place.

I think Chauncey would be willing to take an extension in Detroit and end his career there. I'd be pleased if the Nuggets could get Stuckey and Jerebko in return for him.

You and every other GM in the league.

Stuckey and Jerebko aren't going anywhere. There's really not a spot for Chauncey on this team anymore with the way Joe D has built it, unless he moves Stuckey to SG.

Maybe try to Lakers, they're still in search of a PG.

chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »

No thanks, we are trying to get Lebron James for a bag of chips a Dr.Pepper and maybe Vujacic's contract.
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +18

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 03:32:24 pm »

Man Chauncey has the potential to be a free agent next year? MLE to Chauncey from Miami!

Anyway regarding your theory / question, I think it could happen, I'm just wondering what the heck Detroit would be willing to send without low balling.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:37:07 pm »

Chauncey is from Denver, I see him finishing his career there.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:43:32 pm »

Chauncey is from Denver, I see him finishing his career there.
Hopefully. But if Melo leaves, there's not a whole lot going for the Nuggets. I don't think they'll get anything significant with Kenyon Martin's expiring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: