Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will J.O. be back next year?  (Read 5109 times)
ike7787
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 10:00:43 am »

although some ppl disagree i think o'neal is very tradable right now some teams are looking for whatever it takes to get them over the hump and i think o'neal can do that. chicago la new york and maybe pheonix would all be interested. i also think its time for indy to rebuild and therefore trade o'neal to the highest bidder. i would love for us to work a deal to send o'neal and tinsley 4 kirk hinrich and a few spares. we need a point worth keeping!
kkelsey702
Undrafted

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »

Quote from: "jmlamerson"
Two things:

1) The Pacers have two interested trade partners for O'Neal, the Knicks and the Lakers

2) The Pacers HAVE to dump Tinsley along with O'Neal.  Get him off the roster pronto.  Bad character guy and the definition of underachiever.

A good Lakers trade: O'Neal, Tinsley, and Harrison for Odom, Farmar, Kwame, Bynum, and Evans

A good Knicks trade: O'Neal and Tinsley for Lee, Frye, Francis, and Nate Robinson (the Pacers then could package Frye or Digou for a PG)

Either trade makes the Pacers a playoff team.

This would be a one sided trade for Indiana because the Lakers give up 2 young stars and an expiring contract's in K.Brown (can't play) and Evans (can play) AND Odom are you crazy???
ike7787
Undrafted

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 03:51:41 pm »

that is totally not true!! i am a pacers fan and this deal would suck!! after it was all said and done the lakers would be the better team after the trade.

o'neal
turiaf
walton
bryant
tinsley

pretty good 5

indiana

bynum
murphy
granger
dunleavey
farmer

young inexperienced 5 thats going nowhere
jtan08
Journeyman

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:17 pm »

Quote from: "dagame2260"
Would you guys consider a deal with the Knicks?  How about Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, Jamal Crawford, Malik Rose (contract ends next year) and our first round pick?

Yah i like it.. But i rather want lee insted of malik rose
tong
MVP

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 02:26:53 am »

Quote from: "jtan08"
Quote from: "dagame2260"
Would you guys consider a deal with the Knicks?  How about Channing Frye, Jared Jeffries, Jamal Crawford, Malik Rose (contract ends next year) and our first round pick?

Yah i like it.. But i rather want lee insted of malik rose

yeh. more like franchise, lee, robinson, craw.

nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 06:55:24 pm »

if they end up keeping O'neal and most the rest of the current team, they will win 40-45 games next year and finish in the top 6 in the eastern conference...Jim O'Brien has been great at getting players to over achieve(maybe it will work for tinsley) granger will be twice the player he was last year and will most likely score between 15 and 20 points per game...O'Neal will still be a force down low and on defense....this team has the talent to win they just need to play to their level

If they trade O'neal to either the lakers or knicks they will be a lottery team next year, which may not be a bad thing it just depends on the direction they want to go

I'm pretty sure the laker trade wont happen, I could be wrong but the lakers dont want to give up Bynum, 1st round pick, and Odom, they would prolly go with any combination of the 3 but they wont give up all 3 and even if they did the pacers would still most likely be in the lottery

The knicks have some good young players but the only two players that fit into Jim O'briens style are Crawford and Francis, Crawford is good but not worth it becuase he is way to streaky, and Francis is the last thing the pacers need due to his attitude problems...Channing Frye could prolly be effective under Jim Obriens style due to the fact that he has decent range for a big guy, the problem with giving O'neal for Frye is that Frye is a relatively weak rebounder for a guy his size and strength and hes not a very good defender...i understand that he could develop but there's a chance that he may not as well

Everything depends on the direction that Donnie and Larry decide they want the team to go, and i wouldnt be completely dissapointed if they trade O'neal but those two trade partners dont seem very practical to me
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: