Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulls--Phoenix of the East  (Read 674 times)
floorburn
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: April 11, 2007, 12:37:01 pm »

I had a thought.  Suppose the Bulls don't get a 6'10"+ inside scorer.  Some draft lists have the Bulls picking Julian Wright (6' 9") do everything wing player, Nicholas Batum (6' 8") Boris Diaw clone, or Jeff Green (6' 9")blue collar type player.  Should the Bulls alter their style a bit and move towards a Phoenix Suns style of spread offense.  The Bulls already have a jump shooting team.  With a boatload of 6'5" to 6'9"--Thabo, TT, Deng, Ben Wallace.  Perhaps 6'10"+ player is just not in the cards for the Bulls.  Look how much the Bulls would have to give up for Pau Gasol?  Besides, our ex-point guard Bulls' head coach seems to be more comfortable going "small" with a lot of his lineup combinations.  Skiles' philosophy is to move the ball around.  He hates the dump in one on one isolation give it to the big man type basketball.

It's going to be interesting with a choice of Julian Wright, Roy Hibbert, Spencer Hawes, Nicholas Batum, Corey Brewer who the Bulls will choose.

Of course, if it's Oden or Durant the choice will be....?
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 12:57:34 pm »

Quote from: "floorburn"
I had a thought.  Suppose the Bulls don't get a 6'10"+ inside scorer.  Some draft lists have the Bulls picking Julian Wright (6' 9") do everything wing player, Nicholas Batum (6' 8") Boris Diaw clone, or Jeff Green (6' 9")blue collar type player.  Should the Bulls alter their style a bit and move towards a Phoenix Suns style of spread offense.  The Bulls already have a jump shooting team.  With a boatload of 6'5" to 6'9"--Thabo, TT, Deng, Ben Wallace.  Perhaps 6'10"+ player is just not in the cards for the Bulls.  Look how much the Bulls would have to give up for Pau Gasol?  Besides, our ex-point guard Bulls' head coach seems to be more comfortable going "small" with a lot of his lineup combinations.  Skiles' philosophy is to move the ball around.  He hates the dump in one on one isolation give it to the big man type basketball.

It's going to be interesting with a choice of Julian Wright, Roy Hibbert, Spencer Hawes, Nicholas Batum, Corey Brewer who the Bulls will choose.

Of course, if it's Oden or Durant the choice will be....?

Ugh - no Spencer Hawes.  He looks like a stiff.  If the Bulls end up dealing Noc in the offseason for the needed big man, I could see Brewer being the pick as he can actually play some defense.

I don't like the concept of necessarily drafting only for need.  Then you end up reaching for a guy that should've been drafted later.  That's exactly how Will Perdue got picked at #11 in 1988.
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 03:18:18 pm »

I think the Raps are more of a PHX of the east then the Bulls are.

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: