Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who should we draft?  (Read 6704 times)
Cflo50
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: April 12, 2007, 12:07:21 pm »

I personally think that if by chance Alando Tucker would fall to us he would be a good fit because he has good skills and would'nt have to be a main guy right away. Plus Brent is getting old and same with Bowen. we need to start drafting for the future and have good players that will step up when they are no longer there. If not a small guy like him maybe a good post player to ease Timmy's work load.

<< Mad props to bballinyao06 for both of these.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:41:57 pm »

yeah i agree with you and if we don't do something like that we can work something else out to get more youth in.
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58:47 pm »

I think Maggette should have been sought after more. I'm not sure about what the trade possibilities for him were but I believe he would work very well in SA as a SF or even the starting SG since Manu might come off the bench.

The Mavs didn't choke, they got strangled!

^^^Big ups to bballinyao06
td21
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:39 pm »

well we tried but all we really had to offer was manu.
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 04:32:33 pm »

Based on what I was hearing they were willing to go for Beno and Barry or something like that but then again I wouldn't know. If that were the case though I would have jumped on that in a heart beat.

td21
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 06:04:54 pm »

nah that can't be true, la or no team with a player with the likes of maggette would be stupid enough to give it up for a still inexperienced point guard in udrich and a worn out former star in barry. i know manu and some form of a cash or draft pick were on the table and that wasn't enough so go figure.
JMitch10
Star

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:18:58 am »

Yea but I think it was when Maggette was underachieving and wasn't happy there. Then again he is one of those players whose name comes up every year around that time.

Cflo50
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 12:02:27 pm »

True about that. I just think that we need some youth players that can come and contribute after alot of the vets retire. On another subject i hear that if Horry retires they were wanting to bring over Luis Scola finally to replace him. But he is still unproven in the NBA

<< Mad props to bballinyao06 for both of these.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 12:56:09 pm »

keep the pick and get a good freagent in. 08 the spurs should have cap money in 08 because almost everyone is going to expire after next season

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
naptown
Star

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 01:12:08 pm »

The spur will draft a foriegn player they always do.
td21
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 02:34:25 pm »

Quote from: "naptown"

it'll change this year
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 06:18:01 pm »

Quote from: "td21"
Quote from: "naptown"

it'll change this year

We have already drafted the best player available, so we just need to get him to the team and get another ring.
legenderypete
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 07:27:01 am »

i would like to see the spurs draft another big man to play along side duncan, rasho and nazr last year where bad and slow, this year they have oberto who is ok and inconsistant, and elson quick but not very skilled. If they had a solid center to play with duncan i think they would win a championship again
td21
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 02:47:57 pm »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
i would like to see the spurs draft another big man to play along side duncan, rasho and nazr last year where bad and slow, this year they have oberto who is ok and inconsistant, and elson quick but not very skilled. If they had a solid center to play with duncan i think they would win a championship again

yeah we don't need a young one though, we should go out and pursue a quality big man who can be solidified as a starter. oberto is good but he just is as you said to inexperienced so i honestly think if we can get rid of him or drop him to third string. elson would look good being a starting center off the bench. we just need to rid of the woethless bigs like bonner etc.
manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 06:28:01 pm »

well i will just say it again in case someone might hear. he have drafted scola. we have the big man we need. he wont need more than 30 games to start averaging 20 ppg. has has averaged about 15 ppg in the sapanish league for the last 5 seasons that is like averaging 25ppg or more in the nba so .....
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: