Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marcin Gortat  (Read 2575 times)
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: July 10, 2006, 08:41:33 pm »

I watched most of the 1st summer league game between the Nets and Magic. This one play, a big bald white guy took the ball at the top of the key, dribbled twice past two defenders and soared over the rim and threw it down with two hands over three guys. It was Marcin Gortat.

I hope someone from the Magic management was watching. He deserves a contract just for that play alone!

Game Recap:
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/2006_Summer_League_New_Jersey-184213-800.html
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 11:43:59 pm »

Alot of people expect him to be on the opening day roster. But I don't know how it will work out for the team. They have Milicic and Howard, who will get there minutes for sure. Then they have Battie, who will get minutes, which leaves playing time for maybe one more big man. And with Mario Kasun, James Augustine, and Martin Gortat all wanting that playing time, it should be an interesting battle. I believe that at some point, both Augustine and Gortat will end up in the D-League, seeing as I don't think Kasun is elibable to play down there anymore...

Magicman76
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 09:37:24 am »

I think he will make the team this year. I would love for him to make it because he seems to have a lot of heart and hustle. Looking forward to see him play his first NBA game.

Here is the boxscore for the game

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/MagicNets71006.pdf

Looking forward to the future. Go Magic. Bring it back Cotto (28-0-23 KO)
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:56:40 am »

From FloridaToday.com:

The Magic have made no secret of their desire to add another big man to their roster before training camp in October. That player, 6-foot-10, 240-pound Polish center Marcin Gortat, might be right under their noses.

Gortat was impressive in his summer-league debut Monday night, scoring 15 points, grabbing seven rebounds and swatting three shots. Gortat, who played professionally in Germany this past season, hopes to impress the Magic enough to get a guaranteed contract.

"That's why I'm here, why I've been working the past 10 months," Gortat said. "This is the moment I've been waiting for. I was determined not to let anybody push me around and be strong with my moves."

Gortat was certainly strong in the fourth quarter, hammering in a thunderous dunk to keep the Magic close before they lost 86-82 to the New Jersey Nets. Gortat said he has one year remaining on his contract in Germany, but the buyout is believed to be within reason if the Magic choose to bring him over to the NBA this season.

Look out for this guy....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: