Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hairston is available  (Read 2336 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: August 30, 2010, 01:13:26 pm »

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/08/29/malik-hairston-to-be-cut-by-siena/

I think this could be good news for the Spurs.  They still need a back up 3, and Hairston has shown the ability to guard opposing 3s and bigger 2s.  Most importantly, he has the "corporate knowledge" from being in the system for the last few years.

While this is a serious injury that will take time to recover from, if we can get him back some time mid-season, he would be ready and in good rhythm come playoff time.  He can give 12-16 quality minutes a night, which is what they still need to add to the roster.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

i dont think they'll need him because anderson is likely to play some minutes at the 3 spot and already with RJ there as well, you've got ginobili, rj, anderson, hill and parker all going for 144 minutes divided amongst 5 players, with 4 of those players likely to get 30 minutes or more a piece, plus some minutes left over for anderson.... i think the 1-3 positions are well taken care of for now.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:28 am »

i got faith anderson more than hairston

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:27 pm »

i dont think they'll need him because anderson is likely to play some minutes at the 3 spot and already with RJ there as well, you've got ginobili, rj, anderson, hill and parker all going for 144 minutes divided amongst 5 players, with 4 of those players likely to get 30 minutes or more a piece, plus some minutes left over for anderson.... i think the 1-3 positions are well taken care of for now.

What are your minute break downs for the rotation?

We know Pop loves to keep his players fresh and not give them a lot of minutes during the season.  Manu has only averaged over 30 mpg once in his career, last year Jefferson and Parker had their lowest mpg since their rookie seasons, and Hill averaged less than 30 mpg even when he had to play extended minutes when Parker was injured.  I think Hill, Parker, and RJ could all see right at 30 mpg but I see Manu getting about 26 mpg.  I think with Anderson being a rookie we can safely say Pop won't give him a lot of minutes, I would say about 14-16 mpg tops.

That leaves 12-14 minutes a game open.

I know Temple will get some, but not all of those.  The Spurs still need some one, preferably a SF, to come in and give 6-10 minutes a game.  Thats not too mention we are not the healthiest of teams, so we would need a player that can fill in as well.

The rumor today was that Darius Miles and Jawad Williams were working out for the Spurs, so management believes they need a back up 3 still.  To me, Hairston would be the best choice because he is familiar with the system.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:34:53 pm »

I think we're gonna see tony parker play a lot more minutes this year... he is still young (relatively) and he is in a contract year.  He'll want to play his *** off, and we can't just hold him back to 30 minutes... the reason why he was only avg around 30 was because he was injured a lot of last year.... So i think this year will be different, and I expect george hill to carry a lot of minutes as well.... in fact, i Think he will be near the top for MPG for the spurs.... Pop loves him, and will give him more minutes so manu and tony can rest....

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »

I agree with your assessment of Parker.  I think he has a great season.  I think what will keep Parker and Hill from playing as many minutes as you think is that Temple will also be in the rotation.  During summer league they were saying Pop feels about him like he did Hill last year.

With the team as currently constituted, this is how I would like to see the minutes break down for the upcoming season.

Duncan - 28min
Splitter - 32
Jefferson - 30
Hill - 30
Parker - 32

Manu - 26
Blair - 20
Bonner - 16
Anderson - 14
Temple - 12

Obviously there will be some random minutes that will go to McDyess, but I wouldn't have him as a regular rotation player until after the all-star break, and then come playoff time have him play Bonner's minutes.  Bonner never shoots well in the postseason, so this season I would just completely take him out of the postseason rotation.

I would like the team to add a back up small forward that could possibly play some power forward in small ball lineups (so maybe not Hairston), perferably to take some minutes away from Bonner, Anderson, Temple and possibly even Splitter because coming from Europe he won't be used to playing 82 games.  Playing him 32 minutes a night might be a bit much for his rookie season.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:34:29 pm by 13Supernuts » Logged
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 12:02:46 am »

a small forward who can play 4? jawad williams may fit the bill. also coming from north carolina. a great program.

i doubt temple would become a rotation player though. i think he will give those minutes to gee. gee is a nasty player. like a young devin brown. maybe better

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: