Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Den/Cha/NJ  (Read 1540 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

« on: September 02, 2010, 12:39:35 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2aatfrp

Who says no to this deal?

Maybe the Nets think twice about it, they are giving up a lot (their last two lottery picks and their second best player).  But they are getting a star that the new owner wants.

Denver I don't think can do much better than this when it comes to what they can get for Melo.

Charlotte gets a point and move Diaw so Thomas can start.
chellis
MVP

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:58:34 pm »

Why do you start it off after your proposal: Who says no first? Your goal should be yes from all!

But to answer your question:

I like it for all involved, but I feel NJN may not want to give up the three pieces. Bobcats get a solid PG to play on this team (thank you for not screwing my team). NJN gets Melo without dealing Lopez, but have to deal Harris in the process. I like the value for Denver. I've been saying a Favors/T Williams package and a 1st or two will get the deal done. So as long as some picks are going to Denver this deal largely has a shot. I don't know who the backup PGs in NJ are off the top of my head, but if NJN were adamant about getting a PG back, I could see the Bobcats sending Augustin to NJ, but may require that one of the two firsts get directed there way, or the right to swap firsts...something like that. (sorry if this is scatter-brained. at work typing response).

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:56 pm »

I ask it that way because I'm curious as to which team other people think is not getting enough or screwed.

New Jersey has just Farmer at point after the trade, but there are vet min point guards available; like Earl Watson, Jamaal Tinsley or Travis Diener.  I think Farmer would be a fine option to start at point.

If the Nets wanted to have Augustin included, Charlotte would need to take back say Humphries to make the money work.

I've heard or read somewhere that the Nets were trying to trade Harris anyway, so to them that package may not be that valuable and they might do backflips if they could get Melo with these three guys.
lil_flip_remix
MVP

Montréal, Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 01:45:16 pm »

I changed it a bit in a way I think it would be more fair for everyone. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24co4nh

Flip is the only poster I trust enough to have added on Facebook haha. he also happens to be a beautiful man
Devin to Brook
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 01:57:18 pm »

the Nets say no...they are not goin to give up Terrance Favors and Harris for Melo and be left with only Jordan Farmar to play the point
chellis
MVP

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 02:11:08 pm »

the Nets say no...they are not goin to give up Terrance Favors and Harris for Melo and be left with only Jordan Farmar to play the point

That was my biggest concern, but then again, suffer in the short term to try and bring in a Paul or D Williams in the future?

Devin to Brook
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:35 pm »

That was my biggest concern, but then again, suffer in the short term to try and bring in a Paul or D Williams in the future?

why do yo want us nets fans to suffer anymore....like winning 12 games and getting the third pick in the draft wasnt bad enough?.........and i dont think Melo would resign with the Nets on a hope and prayer that D will or CP3 would come in 2 years
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 01:45:52 pm »

I changed it a bit in a way I think it would be more fair for everyone. What do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=24co4nh

Looks good, though I don't think Kwame would need to be, nor would the Nets want him to be included in the trade.

why do yo want us nets fans to suffer anymore....like winning 12 games and getting the third pick in the draft wasnt bad enough?.........and i dont think Melo would resign with the Nets on a hope and prayer that D will or CP3 would come in 2 years

I think Melo would still welcome the trade even if Harris is gone.  He wants to be in a big city, on the east coast and New Jersey would have 15-20 million in cap space next offseason to improve the team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: