Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010-2011 Piston Expectations (expectayshauns?)  (Read 2303 times)
Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« on: September 03, 2010, 05:35:22 am »

So, with the season nearing and all the excitement it brings, I have to ask the ol' Piston faithful, what do you see our beloved team doing this year? 29th overall in the NBA like ESPN predicted? A tad better than last year? Barely missing the playoffs? Barely making the playoffs? Winning 72 games?

Personally, I think the squad is going to be the surprise team of the NBA. Everyone wrote us off last year... everyone. And now, everyone is writing us off agian this year. We had so many injuries and whatnot and now that we are healthy, I think we can be anywhere from 5th-8th in the East. I'm gonna go out and say it, I think the Pistons will be the 6th seed in the East this year. Call me crazy.

*edit*
ok, I'm crazy. When I'm not being a die hard Piston fan, I see us finishing at either the 8th or 9th spot in the East.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:10:44 pm by Herbal_Tea* » Logged

Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:48:28 am »

Gnarls Barkley.

I think Pistons will fight for the 8th seed until the end but fail. Hamilton and Prince will be traded until the deadline. Greg Monroe will have a solid rookie season though so future's bright I'd say.

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:44:17 pm »

There are many reasons to be optimistic about this team.

1. This is the first year in young Stuckeys career that he will have the same coach from the previous season. The kids had a different coach every year. Supposedly he's in the best shape of his life and is focused on taking a bigger leadership role of the team. Hopefully this happens.

2. The front court should be improved from last season. Charlie Villanueva has lost 15 lbs and has the motivation to become the great player that made him a lottery selection again. Greg Monroe should get better as the season goes on. Jonas Jerebko should be even better this year, with a year of experience and an offseason to work on his offensive game. I don't think I need to explain what resigning Ben Wallace brings to this team.

3. Health. If we can stay healthy, we can score a ton of points. Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Rodney Stuckey, Will Bynum, and Tracy Mcgrady are all bonified scorers.

Supposedly Mcgrady is healthy. I really believe he was attracted to Detroit because of Arnie Kander and the potential this team has for internal growth. If T-mac can return to form, This Detroit team all the sudden becomes a team that can beat ANY team in the league.

Herbal_Tea*
MVP

love that feel

Respect: +2046

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:48:25 pm »

so, your expectations?

ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:27:28 am »

so, your expectations?

29th in the league.

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 10:46:56 am »

The East is still weak enough for them to challenge for a playoff spot, but realistically I see them finishing 10th or so in the East. There's enough talent on this team to perform better than they did last year.

Soon....
Ralph
a.k.a. Poop-Stains
All-Star

PIZZA ROLLSSSSSS

Respect: +48

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 10:58:15 am »

I expect us to surprise some people next season as well as we know the pistons where riddled with injuries last season, and i think we are better then our record showed when healthy.  At this time though i want us to be in good range so get a quality PG in the draft or another big (Enes Kanter? Fab melo? Brandon knight?) if i had to choose im taking the high road and trying to make the playoffs theres always a chance there might be a solid pg in the 15-20 range (right where we will be) like jrue holiday was.

What i want to see though:

Rip and Tayshaun traded: this is no longer a team for them i like both and glad to have had them on our team but lets be real they arent gonna propel us into stardom anymore.

HEALTH: Anrie kander has spent the off-season working on conditioning with the Pistons so hopefully they wont get injured as Easily.

Rodney Stuckey: He was our best Piston last year he was more consistent but he was out of shape supposedly now he has worked hard during the off-season i want to see a consistent efficient player in Stuckey

Charlie V and The BG's: I want to see Charlie become more consistent on the boards he is a gifted scorer already and i heard he lost 15 pounds and gained some muscle definition and strength so hopefully he will be more like he was in 2005.  BG was great for us last season all i want him to do is stay healthy he can easily average 23ppg for us.

Tracy Mcgrady: not expecting much i heard he is completely healthy and conditioned hopefully he will give us 65% of what he used to do back in the day. (about 16ppg nice closer)

Jonas Jerebko: I want to see a better offensive game and defense, I want to see the improvements of a 2nd year player more rebounds i want a see a 15/10 player down the road so hopefully he will give us 12/6 this season.

Austin Daye: I want to see a stronger more physical player hopefully a tayshaun prince V2.

Dajuan summers: Want to see a nice consistent bench player that we can hope become a valuable piece in our run to the title one day.

My prediction for win total?  

42 wins
eSGee
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 01:30:15 pm »

I'm kinda hoping we trade tayshaun and rip for young players. Tank the season, because at best were getting knocked out of the first round and thats just no fun. So if we tank maybe we can get another good draft pick to go along with Greg Monroe.
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 05:02:29 pm »

Michigan State football?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: