Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magic should acquire Luis Scola rights from SAS . . .  (Read 3729 times)
Frenchy Orlando Magic Fan
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 05, 2006, 03:35:51 am »

He has been the best PF/C in Europe the last 5 years . . .

He has a good 5/6 meters shoot . . . He can play hard in defense . . .  

He's only 26 . . .

Otis please ! ! !     acquire him against a 2nd round draft pick . . . Spurs do not want him in the roster so it will be almost free . . .

I predict 12pts 7rb per game for him next season if he goes to the nba . . .

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice . . .
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:36:42 am »

Quote from: "Frenchy Orlando Magic Fan"
He has been the best PF/C in Europe the last 5 years . . .

He has a good 5/6 meters shoot . . . He can play hard in defense . . .  

He's only 26 . . .

Otis please ! ! !     acquire him against a 2nd round draft pick . . . Spurs do not want him in the roster so it will be almost free . . .

I predict 12pts 7rb per game for him next season if he goes to the nba . . .

Luis Scola is 6'7 from what I've heard, so its gonna' be tough to play center in the NBA.

And the Magic don't need anymore big men. They have there front court of the future, in Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic. Then they have young guys like James Augustine, Martin Gortat, and Mario Kasun now. Not to mention some veterans in Tony Battie, Bo Outlaw, and Pat Garrity. They also still have a wild card in Frans Vasquez who isn't coming over yet,  but still could come in the future.

Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:23 pm »

scola is 6-9 . . . and he already shown he can play against US big men od the nba during international competitions . . .

and i've heard rumors that magic tried to move up in the nba draft in order to draft shelden williams . . . so why wouldn't we need a PF/C now that draft is over . . .

sorry but gortat Huh     he's european Huh never heard about him . . .

adding scola wouldn't cost a lot and it could be THE steal of 2006 offseason . . .      

(I also think that magic could try to acquire arvydas macijauskas from the hornets : one of the best shooter in the world when he can play)

If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice . . .
Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:03:53 pm »

scola is 6-9 . . . and he already shown he can play against US big men od the nba during international competitions . . .

and i've heard rumors that magic tried to move up in the nba draft in order to draft shelden williams . . . so why wouldn't we need a PF/C now that draft is over . . .

sorry but gortat Huh     he's european Huh never heard about him . . .

adding scola wouldn't cost a lot and it could be THE steal of 2006 offseason . . .      

(I also think that magic could try to acquire arvydas macijauskas from the hornets : one of the best shooter in the world when he can play)

You can't trust draft rumors kid. There was also rumor that the Knicks would take Kyle Lowry and Josh Boone if they were avalible. Well both were there, but they went another direction. Can't trust draft rumors.

And yes, Gortat is a Europen player that is on the Magic summer league team, and most think that he will be on the openning day roster.

I understand that Scola is probabley one of your favorite players, but that doesn't mean he has to play for your favorite team.

japochoboi
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:39:48 pm »

scola wouldnt even play that much if he came either.  i think that the magic would much rather try to develop milicic and howard into the bigman tandem of the future.  at the end of last season darko finally showed a little bit of promise.
Kiwi1
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 10:15:34 pm »

might be better for your boy to go to atlanta or charlotte so he can showcase whatever skills he's got because even if the magic pick him up it's unlikely he'll play much, if at all.
will look out for him he he comes into the L though.
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 02:34:21 am »

48 x 2 = 96 minutes . . .

Howard = 35 minutes
Milicic = 35 minutes
Scola = 26 minutes

Battie is no longer (has he ever been Huh) a good nba player. . .

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:41:15 pm »

48 x 2 = 96 minutes . . .

Howard = 35 minutes
Milicic = 35 minutes
Scola = 26 minutes

Battie is no longer (has he ever been Huh) a good nba player. . .

Who has proved more in the NBA, Battie or Scola?  :wink:

And Battie is on of the few veterans the Magic have. And the executives in the front office seem to like his leadership role.

And what about players like Mario Kasun, James Augustine, and Martin Gortat? Where are they gonna' get playing time?

Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 03:47:37 pm »

mario kasun signed with fc barcelona . . .

gortat and augustine Huh
they're unlikely to play more than 5mpg . . . why ? they do not have enugh talent . . .

scola's gonna prove to the entire world who he really is during world championships . . . (something he already proved during 2003 world's in indiana, and 2004 olympics in athens) and a lot of nba teams will want him after that competition . . .

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 08:59:21 pm »

mario kasun signed with fc barcelona . . .

gortat and augustine Huh
they're unlikely to play more than 5mpg . . . why ? they do not have enugh talent . . .

scola's gonna prove to the entire world who he really is during world championships . . . (something he already proved during 2003 world's in indiana, and 2004 olympics in athens) and a lot of nba teams will want him after that competition . . .

I would reckon that if the Magic offered Kasun a better contract than Barcelona, then he would sign. I haven't heard this news on Kasun yet, but I guess you could be right. A link would be nice.

And Martin Gortat might be unproven, but the execs in the front office seem to be pretty high on him...

And James Augustine played 4 years at one of the best college systems in the country. I believe he will be considered before the Magic look to trade for Luis Scola.

And if Scola is as good as you think he is, I doubt that Spurs let him go, especially for such a cheap price.

Like I said, you favorite player doesn't need to play for you favorite team...

Undrafted

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 08:50:23 am »

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n06070403.shtml

this is the link for the signing of kasun to barcelona . . .

Joshua
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 11:41:16 am »

So Kasun is gone, that still leaves Garrity, Battie, Gortat, and Augustine...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: