Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Popovich: Duncan In Better Shape  (Read 1919 times)
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« on: September 17, 2010, 07:27:55 am »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5581329

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich says that future Hall of Fame forward Tim Duncan is in better shape heading into the 2010-11 season than he was at this time last year.

Duncan is 15 pounds lighter entering the new season.

"He's trim and slim. I think he's even slimmer than he was last year," Popovich said. "He's really serious about this. He knows his responsibilities. He wants to win again."

Duncan is entering his 14th NBA season and is close to eclipsing the 1,000-game mark.

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:33 am »

I had heard about this... Last year he came into camp really slim, and again this year. Should be easier on his knees and legs for sure. Looking forward to game time soon! 

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:51:39 am »

He is still one of the best in the league.
chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:50:01 am »

He said said in an interview that he actually gained a few pounds.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 11:32:54 am »

i hope he is in his "2005" shape. that was the year that i saw him being in really good shape

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 07:16:54 pm »

I see this as a non-story because going into last season we were all told how he came to camp in great shape and he was still breaking down late in the season but ultimately played well in the postseason.

Well I'm not too worry about his health for the postseason, Pop has shown he cares a great deal about Duncan's overall health as the season goes along.  I think the only thing that could help Duncan is sitting out every back to back, and maybe some other random games later in the season as well.  I think what we could see this season is his minutes stay at 30-32 a game, but that he will only play 65-70 games.  The depth the Spurs have up front should allow Pop to do that if he wants.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: