Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: parker wants to stay a spur after this season  (Read 1572 times)
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« on: September 27, 2010, 05:24:27 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5622519

he also said that this could be the last drive for the spurs to win a championship with duncan aging

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:07:01 pm »

I'll agree to that. This is the last year of the Spurs being relevant.

Nice to see that Parker wants to stick around even after the glory years.

Sig by bbyao06
Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:50:43 am »

I think him leaving would be spitting in the face of the franchise.  What happened to loyalty?
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »

I think him leaving would be spitting in the face of the franchise.  What happened to loyalty?

he's still relatively young and probably wants to win still... so i don't blame him, he was the one i always thought would leave the spurs organization

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:14 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just see Parker's comments as him saying that it is the last chance for this group of Spurs to lead them to a title.  Meaning a Duncan, Manu and Parker lead team to win it.  Next year could very much be a transition year for this team if Splitter is all he is cracked up to be.

If we are lead to believe he is going to have a Manu like impact, as Pop has said, then next year Splitter may very well be the star big man more so than Duncan.  Manu was a role player that saw limited minutes and low production his rookie season, but started and was a star on the team the following year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: