Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: More involvement from player agents  (Read 5507 times)
3KingsofMIAMI
a.k.a. Incandescentbasketball
All-Star

Dynasty:Wade, Lebron, Bosh

« on: September 29, 2010, 02:43:37 pm »

I wouldnt mind nominating myself as player agent for 8.0 but I was wondering if we can make this a more involved position. They would deal with trades(blockbusters) in respects they would determine if a big name player wants to get traded to a bad team or say if there is a trade that would send a super star sg to a team that already has a stud sg then they would determine if it is a good decision to go play for that team etc. As well there are loads of players that are underpayed and the player agent can ask for that player to be signed to an extension and if the team cant afford them or doesnt want to pay for them it would force a trade and so forth. I am not saying that a player agent would have lots of control but take Melo in his final year and Paul they have both wanted to move, and Brooks wants to get payed so in that case the agent would request a trade for that player or demand a salary raise.

Sigs by BBYAO
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:23 pm »

This has been suggested several times before by several people. It would require something we don't have, which is an impartial player agent who cares enough about the game to put in 1-2 hours every single day. Such a person does not exist.

I really do wish we could do it, but we can't.

Sig by bbyao06
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:57:59 pm »

This has been suggested several times before by several people. It would require something we don't have, which is an impartial player agent who cares enough about the game to put in 1-2 hours every single day. Such a person does not exist.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:59:52 pm »

You're a GM and not impartial.

Sig by bbyao06
3KingsofMIAMI
a.k.a. Incandescentbasketball
All-Star

Dynasty:Wade, Lebron, Bosh

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:02:33 pm »

I would do it after this game is concluded. It is still a long way away but I just want to play 1 full year where I control everything so once FA starts I can claim this team as my own finally. But like I said I am pretty active on the forums so I could very well be the Player Agent next time.

Sigs by BBYAO
Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »

I'll believe it when I see it. Several people, specifically Ralph most recently, said he would do it. Guess what? Not a GM anymore, doesn't sign on very frequently anymore.

Sig by bbyao06
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:14:22 pm »

You're a GM and not impartial.

I'm talking for Game 8.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

I'm basically not a GM right now. I'm constructing another stupid theme team again that won't make the playoffs. But still, I don't think people would want me as a player agent would they? Mainly because there are a few FAs that need to be signed for me to complete my team.

Sig by bbyao06
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 10:21:43 pm »

I might be the main player agent next year if we go with option #1 again, I don't want to do what we always do.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:23:56 pm »

I might be the main player agent next year if we go with option #1 again, I don't want to do what we always do.

With the voting at 6-6-7 I'm inclined to think we will end up going with option 1 because 2 and 3 both require heavy participation. And if 6 people don't want to participate then it'd be impossible.

Sig by bbyao06
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 10:29:55 pm »

With the voting at 6-6-7 I'm inclined to think we will end up going with option 1 because 2 and 3 both require heavy participation. And if 6 people don't want to participate then it'd be impossible.
There are other people that can fill in some spots for whoever does that.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »

But then they would hate their team. That's the opposite of the spirit of the fantasy draft.

Sig by bbyao06
Miami's Finest
MVP

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 10:32:01 pm »

But then they would hate their team. That's the opposite of the spirit of the fantasy draft.
What do you mean they would hate their team, they wouldn't be picked yet.

Zander
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 10:33:50 pm »

Well for the same reason I hate the idea of having NBA 2k run a fantasy draft and giving me a team that they chose at random, I also don't want to inflict the same penalty on someone who doesn't want to participate.

Sig by bbyao06
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 10:37:25 pm »

Well for the same reason I hate the idea of having NBA 2k run a fantasy draft and giving me a team that they chose at random, I also don't want to inflict the same penalty on someone who doesn't want to participate.

I mean, shouldn't we just pick the option that would have the fewest people dropping out? That seems pretty obvious to me. It's not going to be everyone's first choice, but as long as it's not so bad that people refuse to participate, it's fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: