Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buford Noncommittal On Parker's Future  (Read 1265 times)
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« on: October 04, 2010, 02:38:50 pm »

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/10/03/spurs-hope-to-keep-championship-window-open-for-one-more-season/

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford discussed point guard Tony Parker's future with the team recently.

Parker will become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

"I wouldn't discuss what's said privately, but there's no reason why we wouldn't want Tony to be a part of our organization," Buford said when asked whether Parker told him that he wanted to remain with San Antonio.

"He's been a great contributor to our success, and it's a circumstance that I think organizationally our history has been to provide continuity both from the ownership and the coach and the players. We'll continue to talk, and if there's a point in time where there's an agreement to be had that works for everybody, then there will be some kind of an announcement. If we don't, then we'll continue to talk and approach things in free agency (next summer)."

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »

I fully expect that both sides know the situation and understand each others concerns.  I would say that both understand why the other wouldn't want to agree to a deal now and would both like to have their options left open until later in the season.

Parker even said in an interview during training camp that he is a part owner of a French team and understands the view point from an organization in player negotiations.

I don't think there are hard feelings either way, and it will be a non-issue this season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: