Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ellis/Iguodala Swap  (Read 1028 times)
[Jeremy]
a.k.a. Jeremy_Conlin
MVP

[Insert Funny Caption Here]

« on: October 06, 2010, 12:58:55 pm »

Is it just me, or does a trade involving Monta Ellis and Andre Iguodala as the principles make a lot of sense?

Golden State gets a swingman with size that can defend (I don't see the Curry/Ellis backcourt working from a defensive standpoint any time soon), Philly gets an explosive guard that can score.

B.King
Star

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »

It something that I have put out there before. I don't think many fans realize how good Ellis and that a swap is a pretty even exchange talent wise.

madawg49
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »

I totally get it from GS's standpoint.  It's an upgrade (talent wise, IMO) and gives space foe Curry to develop.  Plus, a SLU of Curry-Iggy-??-Lee-Biedrins can compete for a playoff spot.

Philly, I don't get it.  They already have Holiday and Turner as a young backcourt, and you have Louis Williams backing up both guard spots.  If Philly moves Iggy, I think it will be for a big or cap space.

RepeatTheThreepeat
MVP

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

i've seen some trades for iggy to gs and people shoot it down saying gs says no. honestly, a trio of curry, iggy, and lee is a pretty solid young core to have. that would be a huge turn around in rebuilding.

knightofdreamz
Star

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 12:28:41 am »

Philly, I don't get it.  They already have Holiday and Turner as a young backcourt, and you have Louis Williams backing up both guard spots.  If Philly moves Iggy, I think it will be for a big or cap space.

Dynasty
MVP

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:36:07 am »

Is it just me, or does a trade involving Monta Ellis and Andre Iguodala as the principles make a lot of sense?

Golden State gets a swingman with size that can defend (I don't see the Curry/Ellis backcourt working from a defensive standpoint any time soon), Philly gets an explosive guard that can score.
My problem is that Turner is going to have a lot of usage and so is Holliday.  How effective would Ellis be not having the ball much at all?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: