Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerebko Out For Season, White Out...Here We Go Again  (Read 1276 times)
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« on: October 10, 2010, 10:36:16 am »

Sad

Another sad start for the (pre)season. The injuries are already racking up. Jerebko, who many believe was going to make a noticeable jump in production this season is effectively out. Terrico White, a player who the Pistons drafted almost solely due to his freak athleticism broke his ankle. Nobody knows how long he's expected to be out. But I'm wondering if he'll ever have that amazing leaping ability again? Ankle injuries are notorious for robbing a player of his explosiveness.

Are we just buckling up for another rough ride?  
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:04:43 pm by Bulls/Pistons » Logged
ivosucks22
a.k.a. ivoquit22
MVP

Respect: +487

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:44:07 pm »

Hopefully not. There's not really any positive way to spin the Jerebko injury other than that it will give Monroe more minutes to develop. White wasn't really expected to play much this year though, and I heard it was just a broken foot. Was it an ankle? Because that would be worse.

Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »

Doesn't matter either way Pistons are not making the playoffs. Should tank for a high draft pick, and start rebuilding through Stuckey / Monroe / Jerebko / Daye. Add a top 5 pick to that and some cap space and you'll be alright. You did waste a tonne of Gordon and CV though, what a waste that was.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:00:24 pm »

That sucks. They would have to have given him minutes at SF though, so it opens up some minutes for T-Mac.
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 04:45:39 am »

I don't think it was hopeless for Detroit to aim for the playoffs. I could see them making the 7th or 8th seed if the team was healthy this year. Ben Gordon's healthy(ish) and Villanueva is motivated for the time being.

We'll have to see. Hopefully this injury won't wreck whatever explosiveness JJ had. He wasn't a super athlete, but he wasn't a tank either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: