Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolves back to winning formula?  (Read 1867 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: July 11, 2006, 05:07:39 pm »

Now that the Wolves have agreed to terms with Mike James I think there could be a chance that they return to prominence.

Think about it... when did the Wolves have their best season?

When Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell were hungry, focused and driven to win.

With James and Ricky Davis, they have a similar triad with Kevin Garnett... only James has shown he can get to the hole.

Arguably the Wolves are deeper than they were that season too, Foye will come off the bench and provide a spark (if he plays anything like he is in the summer league, watch out!) They have Hassell, Griffin, Blount, and maybe Banks... who are all servicable.  Justin Reed and Bracy Wright have shown promise.  Not to mention if McCants can come back this year.

Perhaps they will be a contender if they can find a taker for the BAD contracts of Jaric and Hudson and get a decent role player in return.

I'll make a bold prediction for the Wolves this year... if James plays the way he did last year, second round or bust.

Court_visioN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:18:20 pm »

Banks is in Phoenix now, correct me if I'm wrong. They agreed on a deal after John Salmons chose Toronto and, later, Sacramento  :roll:

I think Mike James should still be the guy coming off the bench. Last season was a contract year for him, and that's always a big question mark when a guy just blows up in a contract year. He's a very serviceable guard, but I don't think he's a good guy to run the offense with.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:48:10 am »

yes, when mccants gets back, with him foye, and james the backcourt is lookin good, and we all know who holds down the frontcourt

GoWolves
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 10:53:55 am »

Still need a center or an improved Griffin. KG still has no help down low.

I wish I worked for Glen Taylor.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:26 pm »

Quote from: "GoWolves"
Still need a center or an improved Griffin. KG still has no help down low.

he doesn't need all that much

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: