Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Regular Season Thread  (Read 32549 times)
Shemy
All-Star

Respect: +2

« on: October 25, 2010, 11:42:42 am »

season starts in two days

oh yea!!!

sigs come from realgm, "Brookylnstoops" and "shooters"
or24
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:24:37 pm »

Damn im excited. We're gonna win some, we're gonna lose some. But we should have some exciting competitive games. I know some of you NYers got high expectations, but after all the recent years of failure, you GOTTA be excited for this season just to see us compete and hopefully push for a playoff spot. I just hope we start off well. An ugly start could hurt this team mentally and by the time we pick it up it could be too late. I like this team so much better defensively now. We give up some jumpers but we have better perimeter d and help d. We got shotblockers. I got only a few issues with this team.

Turnovers: They have plagued us. We can't give up more fastbreak points than we score. If that happens, then Dantoni's system fails.

Roles/Identities: We don't know who is going to step up and be our go to guy after Amare. Ray is going to handle it a lot and set people up but we need another player off the pick and roll to step up and give us around 20/game.

Post defense: Opposing teams have abused our low post defenders. We need to double team more.

Finally, Rebounding: It's going to be our achilles heel. We don't have any dominant guys on the boards, so there better be A LOT of emphasis on boxing out.

This is a year for a lot of guys to prove themselves. Besides Amare we really have a lot of inconsistent players and/or unknowns. The potential is clearly there. One of the keys is ball movement, it starts with Ray and Toney, but other guys gotta make quick decisions and not hesitate. We look very good offensively when Ray is aggressive setting people up. We just gotta play smart. That's the biggest key. Let's go baby!
Shemy
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:50:25 pm »

like to say we are the third (or 4th) youngest team in the league....were gonna have our ups and downs, and see alot of growing pains, which may not be the best idea in the city of New York, but its gonna happen and fans should realize that from the start

StumptheSlob
MVP

Respect: +1230

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »

Randolph's out tomorrow night vs. Toronto with an ankle injury (same one he had surgery on). Mozgov injured his hip in practice, bu should be ready to go.

GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!
"The girls danced, started fondling me, I got aroused, they performed oral sex. I hung around a little bit and talked to them, then I left." - Patrick Ewing
"If people don't consider me a good player, they're stupid." - Danilo Gallinari
ecuaboy12
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:13:04 pm »

like to say we are the third (or 4th) youngest team in the league....were gonna have our ups and downs, and see alot of growing pains, which may not be the best idea in the city of New York, but its gonna happen and fans should realize that from the start

Well the true fan should realize that, the ones that are bandwagons and are only fans when a team wins won't realize or understand.  I'm just hoping for the best.
Zeppelin1985
Starter

*** talkin', trey bombin', Sheeed! Ball don't lie

Respect: +101

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 01:52:24 am »

What's up with Gallo and his wrist?  Is he going to play tomorrow?

Whether we win all 82 or lose all 82 games, I'm a Knicks fan forever! You know you're a true Knicks fan when you know the names of Rick Brunson, Dontae Jones, David Wingate, Brad Lohaus, Scott Brooks, Slavko Vranes, Mike Sweetney, Shandon & Willie Anderson, Howard Eisley, Eric Chenowith, Erick Stricklnd, Lee Nailon, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes, Steve Francis, Qyntel Woods, Frank Williams, Felton Spencer, Travis Knight, Andrew Lang, Anthony Bonner, Charles Smith, Chris Mills, Mark Pope, Darko Milicic, Mardy Collins, Milos Vujacic, Frederic Weis, Clarence Weatherspoon, Fred Jones
Shemy
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

Gallo was on some radio show in NY earlier

stated that it isnt 100 percent but will start

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 05:08:45 pm »

Gallo was on some radio show in NY earlier

stated that it isnt 100 percent but will start

- So Randolph is out a week with an ankle injury.
- Azubuike is still recovering from his injury.
- Eddy Curry is just lazy & fat, it is meaningless if he comes back.  BUT, I ACTUALLY would like to see how Curry will play with a guy like Amar'e....maybe, just maybe it might work out.
-Gallo hurt his wrist but will play through it
- Mozgov hurt his hip but will hopefully play through it.

Damn, our team is banged up a little bit.  If we lose Gallo, it shouldn't hurt as much if we were to lose Mozgov because our only big left to play with Amar'e would be Turiaf....

Is there anyway we can bring rookie Jerome Jordan back from overseas??

Whether we win all 82 or lose all 82 games, I'm a Knicks fan forever! You know you're a true Knicks fan when you know the names of Rick Brunson, Dontae Jones, David Wingate, Brad Lohaus, Scott Brooks, Slavko Vranes, Mike Sweetney, Shandon & Willie Anderson, Howard Eisley, Eric Chenowith, Erick Stricklnd, Lee Nailon, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes, Steve Francis, Qyntel Woods, Frank Williams, Felton Spencer, Travis Knight, Andrew Lang, Anthony Bonner, Charles Smith, Chris Mills, Mark Pope, Darko Milicic, Mardy Collins, Milos Vujacic, Frederic Weis, Clarence Weatherspoon, Fred Jones
Shemy
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 07:48:07 pm »

best team in the league

ecuaboy12
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 08:07:13 pm »

Can anyone say 82-0  Cool  Tongue
Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 11:57:21 pm »

You guys are kidding me right?  That was some sloppy game, also too many fouls.  I was in shock when my friend told me Fields started the 2 and Wilson came off the bench.  I'm lovin' that!!

We may have lost David Lee but we have LANDRY FIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HAHAHA, that kid is everywhere...

I can't wait for Azubuike to get healthy, I'm telling you all, he's the missing piece..

xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 12:09:48 am »

Stoudemire spent way too much time looking down at the ball, most of those turnovers could have been avoided by keeping his head up and making the right pass.  Still, definitely not going to criticize much because when crunch time came he stepped up.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:00 am »

Stoudemire spent way too much time looking down at the ball, most of those turnovers could have been avoided by keeping his head up and making the right pass.  Still, definitely not going to criticize much because when crunch time came he stepped up.

I was going to mention that too, nice call on that.  I noticed it myself when I was watching the game.  But yeah, he stepped up.  Also, is it just me or can Amar'e not dribble good with his left hand?

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 08:58:52 am »

What a heartbreaking loss to Portland.  The names on the back of the jerseys may have changed but our culture hasn't.

-  I'm so excited that the last year in Felton's contract isn't guaranteed.  In D'Antonis system, the point guard needs to be able to shoot.  I'm not even talking about 3-pointers, just shoot from the perimeter.  Felton cannot shoot and he especially is not a good 3-point shooter.  I'm drooling over the idea if we could somehow get Steve Nash.  Felton also goes too fast at times which just screams out TURNOVER at me and he sometimes makes poor decisions on when to pass the ball to Amar'e which ultimately leads Amar'e to turning the ball over.

- The only person who cares to rebound are Fields & Chandler and the latter comes off our bench!  We seriously need some help.  Maybe when Randolph comes back he will help out?  But frankly I'm not as high on the kid anymore as when I first heard about the David Lee trade.  Why couldn't we have gotten Monta Ellis in the deal?  Would it not have worked out $$$ wise, or what?  Ellis fits this system like O.J. trying on that glove....

-  I'm beginning to think the officials have something against Mozgov...some real stupid fouls are being called on him.  I'm not mad at the guy for overreacting and getting technicals, how much can you really take?

- Roger Mason is trash, I wasn't buying what they were selling when we signed him.

-  I can't wait for Azubuike to get healthy and play some ball.

- We should never, EVER trade Toney Douglas.  IF anything he needs more PT.

- I think Rautins needs to be given a chance to play.  His 3 point shooting is what we need.  We have no shooters lol.  Gallo is hurt and that might be what is affecting his shot.

There are a couple lineups I hope to see...
Douglas - Rautins - Chandler - Amar'e - Randolph
Douglas - Azubuike - Fields - Chandler - Amar'e

ecuaboy12
Journeyman

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 08:52:29 pm »

Knicks won Cheesy.  Shooting was light out, got to be better defensibly.  We're not going to shoot like that er game :S
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Jump to: