Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Regular Season Thread  (Read 32565 times)
Zeppelin1985
Starter

*** talkin', trey bombin', Sheeed! Ball don't lie

Respect: +101

« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2011, 08:43:51 pm »

I definitely agree with you, StS.  Thats how I would always play it, don't give them the chance, foul them and make them make 2 free throws and have to rebound the ball.

BUT.........

THE STREAK IS OVER!  WE WIN, WE WIN!!!!!!!

Whether we win all 82 or lose all 82 games, I'm a Knicks fan forever! You know you're a true Knicks fan when you know the names of Rick Brunson, Dontae Jones, David Wingate, Brad Lohaus, Scott Brooks, Slavko Vranes, Mike Sweetney, Shandon & Willie Anderson, Howard Eisley, Eric Chenowith, Erick Stricklnd, Lee Nailon, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes, Steve Francis, Qyntel Woods, Frank Williams, Felton Spencer, Travis Knight, Andrew Lang, Anthony Bonner, Charles Smith, Chris Mills, Mark Pope, Darko Milicic, Mardy Collins, Milos Vujacic, Frederic Weis, Clarence Weatherspoon, Fred Jones
Cutler06
Star

Respect: +37

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2011, 09:36:33 am »

Impressive win vs. ORL......

Denver has a legit shot at the Finals
Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2011, 01:26:21 am »

And they've put together back to back wins...however I'm not that impressed with tonights win. I watched ESPNs broadcast of the game instead of MSGs and Hubie Brown (who I love to hear call a game) had a funny linen "the nets offensive ranks worse than the knicks defense".  Just to remind you the nets scored 114 points (I think it was?).

I'm beginning to accept now that being a fan of this team is going to be very fn stressful because we have to out score EVERY team we play. We play zero defense and we don't have a legit big to rebound the ball. I think Amar'e had one rebound in the game....ONE!  But a win is a win and I'm happy we won the game.

PS - ilm so thrilled Shelden started last night, maybe MDA finally realizes he needs to play him and quit dinkin around with that schmuck Jeffries.  Oh yea, walker slapped Farmar lovely, I remember that lol

Whether we win all 82 or lose all 82 games, I'm a Knicks fan forever! You know you're a true Knicks fan when you know the names of Rick Brunson, Dontae Jones, David Wingate, Brad Lohaus, Scott Brooks, Slavko Vranes, Mike Sweetney, Shandon & Willie Anderson, Howard Eisley, Eric Chenowith, Erick Stricklnd, Lee Nailon, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Larry Hughes, Steve Francis, Qyntel Woods, Frank Williams, Felton Spencer, Travis Knight, Andrew Lang, Anthony Bonner, Charles Smith, Chris Mills, Mark Pope, Darko Milicic, Mardy Collins, Milos Vujacic, Frederic Weis, Clarence Weatherspoon, Fred Jones
Gallo
Benchwarmer

Respect: +2

« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2011, 02:15:42 am »

Today, we are just a worse version of the Heat: like MIA we have only 3 players involved on the offense who scores 70% of the points. Unlike the Heat, we don't play D and have less talent.

I loved more the team we had before the trade, but is too early to make a final judgement.
By now, Gallo and Chandler were scoring the points of Melo in Den together (actually more), and Felton is (a and was) playing better than Billups. Plus those three played and are playing better D and they fit in the coach System (who is close to Karl one) .

BUt this means nothing, because tomorrow Gallo and Chandler  may be not as good as they look now when they will command 10mln each.

We had a terrible schedule this month, we lost Billups in a crucial moment, we didn't have time to fix  the huge roster holes, takes time to get all the payers to buy a system when you have that kind of pressure.
Don't know what is going to happen: i guess we just need to be more patience.
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

also unlike Miami, NY has no heart  Tongue

...but yeah New York will be fine next year if and when they bolster their bench, if not next year then in 2012

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2011, 08:42:58 am »

also unlike Miami, NY has no heart  Tongue

...but yeah New York will be fine next year if and when they bolster their bench, if not next year then in 2012

If theres one thing we don't have, it's rebounding.  Why do you think Miami has heart?

animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

Respect: +21

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2011, 03:51:25 pm »

also unlike Miami, NY has no heart  Tongue

If theres one thing we don't have, it's rebounding.  Why do you think Miami has heart?

They are one of if not thee most scrutinized team in all of sports history imo, and they seem to be handling it pretty well. Most teams would have cracked if they were in Miami's place. They also have a great defensive philosophy and have made LeBron a better defender, in time I think they'll do the same with Bosh

my opinion of the players with most heart in Miami

Wade
Haslem
Jones

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2011, 09:45:04 am »

LeBum played good D in Cleveland.  I wasn't thinking about off court issues either, just on court as a team.  No doubt i think Haslem has heart but he's missed most of the season and always been a fan of Wade's game because...he has heart.

ohos9527
Undrafted

Respect: +2

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2011, 08:56:45 am »

good message!
Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »

so Cutino Mobley is suing the Knicks because they forced him into retirement when we acquired him in trade via the L.A. Clippers.  *shaking head*

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2011, 03:35:09 am »

Horrible game tonight by my Knicks. Warriors too even. This game as a whole was utterly sloppy and had no flow. I swear the Knicks got called for a foul on nearly every play. Tyson was in foul trouble since the game started it seemed and he never got into the flow of things because he always had to sit. Melo got into foul trouble again just like against Boston. Only difference tonight is that Melo's jumper was not falling. And what does Mr. Anthony do then?.....CONTINUE to shoot jumpers out of the post. You ***, drive it to the hole, get to the line, knock down some free throws, or just penetrate and kick even. What an ugly game by my Knicks. Not one positive out of this game, except that Jerome Jordan FINALLY got some PT and did not look bad in the 2-3 minutes he played.

Injuries are really hurting us, as much as I HATE Jeffries, we missed his body. Jorts, while he was good in preseason has collapsed in the regular season but I think it's just rookie nerves. Really miss Iman Shumpert. I don't see Jeremy Lin doing anything good, just picked him up because we needed another guard.

Gotta put this loss behind us as we're playing that other L.A. team, the uhm, Lakers? They apparently have world peace going on over there and giving away free W's now?  Cool Tongue

There went 66-0....lol, 1-1

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2012, 05:52:42 am »

I was telling my friend during the game, "ya know, Jorts is like another Lee but this dude has 3-point range! ". LoL. We played immensely better last night against the young Kings. Tyson had a horrible 1st half after getting into foul trouble AGAIN, it pissed me off so much. But he salvaged it by dominating in the 2nd half and got his fouls under control. Toney played much better. Just overall the team played insanely better offensively than it's previous 2 games against Lakers & W's. They stopped forcing everything offensively and as simple as it sounds...played ball.

Why doesn't it surprise me that we lose 1 of our superstars and we not only win but dominate the game? 2-2 , back to .500

Zeppelin1985
Starter

« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2012, 06:53:44 am »

Ya know, it actually takes some talent to lose to the Toronto Raptors. Come on Knickers, this is a team you're supposed to beat even w/o Amar'e, unacceptable. This game undoubtedly lets me know how desperately we need a POINT GUARD. Play Lin, MDA. See what the kid can do, please!!!!!

The 1st half was atrocious are we a basketball team, are we the New York Knicks?  Or are we the New York Melos?  Every thing on offense is Melo, give the ball and iso.  I cannot watch this crap, I despise the way we play basketball.  This is a team sport not a two or one man show, Lord.

BDiddy, please hurry up and come save us/me.  Now 2-3, ugh..

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:38 am »

If you were in melos position pre trade and you knew you wanted to go to NY and that they couldve signed you as a FA after you finished out playing a few months longer with the Nuggets, wouldn't you have waited it out so you couldve played with gallinari...felton who was having the best season of his career and possibly a returning wilson chandler?  It basically came down to him wanting more money than purely wanting to come here and win a championship. But in his big head, since he's carmelo anthony, he assumed everything would be gravy. Boy, was he dead wrong. If only anthony carter had exercised his right to veto the trade.

That's what I told ya all before.... Cool

Cutler06
Star

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2012, 10:33:10 am »

I'll give it up to Melo....he tries to put his team on his back with his gaudy shooting numbers...but he does have back problems, doesn't he... Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Jump to: