Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakers Media Thread  (Read 14253 times)
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »

I still have that game on VHS haha. I had sat through the 2000, 01 and 02 finals and playoff series live, yet for some reason I had never been more pumped and excited than I was at the end of that game. I rewatched the fourth and overtime everyday that week I think.

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »

LOL

Laker Rhapsody
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:42:52 pm by regal » Logged

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 12:05:27 am »

I still have that game on VHS haha. I had sat through the 2000, 01 and 02 finals and playoff series live, yet for some reason I had never been more pumped and excited than I was at the end of that game. I rewatched the fourth and overtime everyday that week I think.
I rewatched the Lakers/Magic finals many times that week.
I never did that with the threepeat team. To me, Shaq was committing offensive fouls constantly, I could never get past that. Lotta guys on those teams I couldn't back.

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 12:41:40 am »

I was at a game in the 80s, I think Lakers/Sonics.
Rambis got a rebound and fell on his ***. Lying on the floor, he converted a full-court bounce pass for a fast break layup and the place went insane.
I can't find the video, anyone seen it?
In those days, people always went bananas for anything Rambis or Coop did. Like with Shannon now.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:33 am »

Rambis got a rebound and fell on his ***. Lying on the floor, he converted a full-court bounce pass for a fast break layup and the place went insane.
In those days, people always went bananas for anything Rambis or Coop did. Like with Shannon now.

Haha, I've seen that play yeah. May have been on the Lakers Dynasty DVD set though, was a while ago.
I know what you mean about getting behind the threepeat team - I loved them as a Lakers fan but didn't really like many of the guys other than Fisher. Strangely I felt so much more pride in the last two titles. I constantly rewatch playoff games from the 2009 season.

sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 09:27:54 am »

Haha, I've seen that play yeah. May have been on the Lakers Dynasty DVD set though, was a while ago.
I know what you mean about getting behind the threepeat team - I loved them as a Lakers fan but didn't really like many of the guys other than Fisher. Strangely I felt so much more pride in the last two titles. I constantly rewatch playoff games from the 2009 season.
You must've liked Fox. But Medvedenko? And that other guy that was the black Medvedenko? let me check Samaki Walker wow. And it was weird because Divac is so easy to like, and the way Shaq assaulted him and always got the calls...

OK I gave it some thought.
In the 80s, we could buy into the Pat Riley underdog bull. It was always, the Sixers, the Celtics, or the first repeat in forever; there was this mountain to climb and we knew they could do it but it seemed the country was behind another team. In 84 it really seemed like things were stacked against the Lakers.
And recently, all that crap happened to Kobe drawing those of us on the fence much closer to him paradoxically, and again it felt like only the true fans were true believers.

But with Shaq it was like win it all or fail. That's not the kind of success one can savor. It was a pressure cooker, which was cool, but the pressure was a lot less fun.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:34:15 am by sulingman » Logged

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:55 am »

You must've liked Fox. But Medvedenko? And that other guy that was the black Medvedenko? let me check Samaki Walker wow. And it was weird because Divac is so easy to like, and the way Shaq assaulted him and always got the calls...

OK I gave it some thought.
In the 80s, we could buy into the Pat Riley underdog bull. It was always, the Sixers, the Celtics, or the first repeat in forever; there was this mountain to climb and we knew they could do it but it seemed the country was behind another team. In 84 it really seemed like things were stacked against the Lakers.
And recently, all that crap happened to Kobe drawing those of us on the fence much closer to him paradoxically, and again it felt like only the true fans were true believers.

But with Shaq it was like win it all or fail. That's not the kind of success one can savor. It was a pressure cooker, which was cool, but the pressure was a lot less fun.

The weird thing about those team, especially due to Shaq's dominance, was that I just felt the Lakers were head and shoulders above the rest in the league at the time - especially in 2000 and 2001 - and there was no competition. In that sense you're definitely right, anything other than a title would just be shocking.
It almost felt too easy back then.
(Also I can't believe I forgot to mention Fox ... I didn't like him so much at the time, but I grew to later on Tongue I love Rob Horry too - obviously Wink )

The 80s teams are my favourites just because of the league back then.

chelo
MVP

Respect: +177

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 12:00:43 pm »

Derek Fisher Crying 2010 NBA Finals Lakers vs Celtics [Game 3]

I was watching this yesterday, I remember watching live and really understanding that what he just did was incredible, and it shows how much he values the team.

Just an incredible guy.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 12:05:48 pm »

One of many reasons why I love Derek Fisher (and detest the disgusting Utah fans - sorry, I'll get that in anywhere I can). I was like a proud daddy that day, the only game of the finals I watched with someone else. I was grabbing my friend and shaking him.

He just won LA's sportsman of the year award this week too.

chelo
MVP

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »

One of many reasons why I love Derek Fisher (and detest the disgusting Utah fans - sorry, I'll get that in anywhere I can). I was like a proud daddy that day, the only game of the finals I watched with someone else. I was grabbing my friend and shaking him.

Haha! I don't think I could be able to watch a Finals game with someone else, I'm pretty sure they would start asking stupid questions and then I would have to kill him.
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 12:40:30 pm »

Haha! I don't think I could be able to watch a Finals game with someone else, I'm pretty sure they would start asking stupid questions and then I would have to kill him.

He was a basketball fan and was actually a friend of a friend who was visiting for a few days and heard I was watching the game. He's a junior pro player over here so he knew what was going on - otherwise no way. I watched the 2008 finals live with a friend who had no idea what was going on and then decided to become a Celtics fan halfway through ... I've only just recovered.

chelo
MVP

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:52 pm »

He was a basketball fan and was actually a friend of a friend who was visiting for a few days and heard I was watching the game. He's a junior pro player over here so he knew what was going on - otherwise no way. I watched the 2008 finals live with a friend who had no idea what was going on and then decided to become a Celtics fan halfway through ... I've only just recovered.

I can't believe he's still alive!
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 11:03:44 am »

L.A. Lakers' Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom - ESPN 3D Commercial

Fair enough.
jaime_gasol
All-Star

Oh You!

Respect: +20

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 12:21:56 pm »

Fish is great, I was blessed to have the chance to meet him personally in Barcelona, when I met him I said `` CAPTAIN FISH ´´ and said thanks for all the moments and big shots and the rings

regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »

Fish is great, I was blessed to have the chance to meet him personally in Barcelona, when I met him I said `` CAPTAIN FISH ´´ and said thanks for all the moments and big shots and the rings

lmao @ your sig.  Cookie Monsta just can't believe it.

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: