Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love and Rambis....  (Read 2250 times)
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« on: October 28, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis and Kevin Love(notes) say they’re on the same page about the power forward’s playing time.

Love was in the game for less than 9 minutes in Wednesday’s season opener, and Rambis pinned it on a preference for backup Anthony Tolliver’s(notes) energy and defense.

Love complained about his role last season and left the locker room Wednesday without speaking to the media, but after practice Thursday he said he and Rambis are fine and that any speculation about a rift has been blown out of proportion. Rambis said he spoke to Love in the morning to make clear he had no “hidden agenda” or “loss of faith” in Love.

Rambis says he’ll play players who are “playing the best and give us the most at that particular time.”

What a joke. Kevin Love needs to play at least 34 per game. Period. Amazing how he can play on the US National team but he can't play more than Yao Ming for the Timberwolves. Get your head in the game, Kurt.

RIP Madawg
Miami's Finest
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:33 pm »

Yeah what a joke. Love only had 24 mins and he had 10 rebounds, he's an amazing rebounder!

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:03:00 am »

...and he was playing like shit in every other aspect of the game. If Love played like he did against Milwaukee you might have a point in crucifying Rambis, but last night he deserved to be benched.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 01:04:34 am »

...and he was playing like shit in every other aspect of the game. If Love played like he did against Milwaukee you might have a point in crucifying Rambis, but last night he deserved to be benched.

I would agree with you, but it's the first game of the season. People are there to see Love. He was still the best player for either team on that floor last night.

RIP Madawg
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:49:43 am »

No he wasn't. He was on paper, but on the actual floor during the game he wasn't. I'd probably give that award to Ridnour.

I just think it's too early to be looking for Rambis' head. I mean, like you said it was only the first game. If this was happening consistently throughout the season then I'd be pissed, but not now.

BTW I expect Love to bounce back tomorrow against Milwaukee. Not only will he be extra motivated by this stuff but Gooden is a horrible defender.

thetreesarenice
Starter

Respect: +48

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:13:30 am »

I saw the game log and was so confused with their rotation. Then I read all this news today about Rambis
cutting Love's minutes. What a clown. Good luck Wolves.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:54:43 am »

No he wasn't. He was on paper, but on the actual floor during the game he wasn't. I'd probably give that award to Ridnour.

I just think it's too early to be looking for Rambis' head. I mean, like you said it was only the first game. If this was happening consistently throughout the season then I'd be pissed, but not now.

BTW I expect Love to bounce back tomorrow against Milwaukee. Not only will he be extra motivated by this stuff but Gooden is a horrible defender.

You can't only judge one game, especially the season opener. Kevin Love was easily the best player, all things considered, in that contest.

RIP Madawg
shangrila
MVP

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 04:05:30 pm »

What? There's no way he was the team's best player during that last game. He rebounded well but apart from that he was shooting horribly and wasn't playing defence. Even Kobe Bryant would get benched for that.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

I guess you and I will just need to understand we differ on this topic. To me: First game of the season means your best players play, period. I don't think he was playing poorly enough to be benched for Anthony Tolliver.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: