Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brazilian's debut  (Read 3185 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: November 01, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »

Rookie Tiago Splitter has been unable to play so far this young season for the Spurs due to a calf injury, but according to Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio News-Express, he'll make his debut Monday night against the Clippers.

"Splitter will come off the bench, and his playing time will be limited, but for now, any minutes are good minutes for Splitter," wrote McDonald.

Well, limited minutes could mean anything, but he will finally get his feet wet.  Hopefully this means he will get more minutes for the game against the Suns on Wednesday, because it will be good to see what he can do against a team like that.

In any event, I can't wait for tonight's game now.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:28:44 pm »

Rookie Tiago Splitter has been unable to play so far this young season for the Spurs due to a calf injury, but according to Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio News-Express, he'll make his debut Monday night against the Clippers.

"Splitter will come off the bench, and his playing time will be limited, but for now, any minutes are good minutes for Splitter," wrote McDonald.

Well, limited minutes could mean anything, but he will finally get his feet wet.  Hopefully this means he will get more minutes for the game against the Suns on Wednesday, because it will be good to see what he can do against a team like that.

In any event, I can't wait for tonight's game now.

i agree, i can't wait to see what this guy can do, and with bonner injured they need him for depth up front

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:19:34 pm »

I thought he looked good, though his conditioning left a little to be desired.  He looked pretty winded after his stint in the second half.

His defense is going to help the Spurs immediately which is great news because thats what they desperately need.  I'll still be interested to see how he does in a game against the Suns.

Side note, how bout that Gary Neal?  Great find RC and Pop, he looks terrific.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:21 am »

Guy can shoot the ball, same with james anderson, they both have great range and will help out tremendously. Spurs look like they're just *** it out their which is kind of a good thing. I also like ginobili starting.

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 01:36:15 pm »

the guy had a nice jam on a pick and roll with manu. i think with his timing right, he will get a lot of rebounds because he goes for the ball

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:54:54 am »

Splitter has been good whenever he's been given minutes. In games of at least 20 minutes played, he's averaging:

11.7 points and 6.4 rebounds on 65% shooting in 24 minutes.

Sig by bbyao06
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:34:19 am »

^^

Yes and that is why I still have hope he can crack the rotation at some point in the coming weeks before the playoffs.  I'm hoping this All-star break the coaches can work with him a lot, and his increase in game action over the next few games will help as well.

I've been impressed with his post defense that last two games against Cousins and Bynum.  Those are bigger guys and he held his own against them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: