Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire Dumars  (Read 2272 times)
bi11ups
Journeyman

Mr. Big Shot

Respect: 0

« on: November 03, 2010, 09:49:27 am »

This is absurd. Please fire Dumars and hire a GM who realizes this team needs to be blown up and rebuilt top to bottom. This is pathetic.
Johnny Rico
a.k.a. Gucci La Flair & TheLakeShow & Deadmau5
All-Star

Hi Jazz

Respect: +39

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »

At this point, I couldn't agree more. I say we give him a month after the sale of the team and if nothing is done, X him.

No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:56:30 pm »

You should just sell the team to Ben Gordon. 

Bulls/Pistons
Star

Respect: +10

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 07:55:58 pm »

At this point, I couldn't agree more. I say we give him a month after the sale of the team and if nothing is done, X him.

+1.  0-5.  This is absolutely pathetic.
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:40:03 pm »

I get the feeling that half the posters on this site would do better than Dumars has. I have no idea what his plan is. To be a 25 win team until the contracts of Gordon and Villanueva expire?

Sig by bbyao06
Stationary Traveller
a.k.a. byExpert
MVP

Metamorphosis

Respect: +24

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 05:45:08 pm »

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he just extends them in their last seasons.

“-Do you hate people?
 -I don't hate them...I just feel better when they're not around.”
― Charles Bukowski
thetravellingpalmer
Starter

Respect: +28

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »

I was just thinking about this the other day. If I'm Mike Ilitch, I launch Dumars out of the building in a cannon as soon as I can. He took the team as far as it could go with his philosophy and model in 2004.

I would immediately give Kevin Pritchard a call. He was a class act in Portland, barring that whole Darius Miles incident. He built a contender that is just hampered down with terrible luck due to injury. He turned Randy Foye into Brandon Roy. If that wasn't full of 'win' I don't know what is?

Dumars overvalues his role players as stars or future stars. Get someone in with a fresh view and isn't hung up on the pride of bad decisions. At least the impending sale disrupted a likely contract extension for Stuckey!
saberdog1966
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 11:33:43 am »

Damn it. I love Joe D. I love and appreciate what he helped bring to a floundering franchise. But. I do think it's time for Joe to be replaced as GM.  I'm sure new ownership will address that position and put in someone that fits their long range plans. I don't know who that is or who would want the challenge but when I consider the wasted number of first round picks under Joe's watch, thats all I need to know about the current state of the team. We should never have traded Chauncey for Iverson. That trade cemented Joe's legacy in my opinion and will be what ultimately the new ownership will take into account when making their decision on the new GM.  But whoever they decide to hire I hope they believe in team defense first, all around. I would rather have decent offense with some clutch shooters, but definitely have shutdown defensive players. We need to find the next Ben Wallace or better yet, 2 of them. Bring back the pain in the paint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: