Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carlisle gone  (Read 1428 times)
TD27
Starter

Respect: 0

« on: April 25, 2007, 12:48:45 pm »

The Indiana Pacers announced Wednesday that Rick Carlisle will not return as head coach, but will have the option to return to the team in another capacity. In four seasons as Pacers coach, Carlisle compiled a 181-147 record (.552 winning percentage). The Pacers made the NBA playoffs in three of the four seasons and reached the Eastern Conference Finals in Carlisle’s first year, 2003-04. That same season, the Pacers posted a 61-21 record, the best in franchise history. “Rick’s contributions to this franchise, first as an assistant coach, then as a head coach, have been tremendous,” said President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “This is a mutual decision and we’re happy that Rick will consider remaining with the franchise.” Pacers.com

Thoughts? Firing a coach who has never averaged under .500 is a pretty bad move. IMO, it's your management (Warriors trade was terrible) not the coaching.

Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:07:20 pm »

The guy couldn't find a starting lineup in 3 years. Sure he had injuries, suspensions, trades, whatever -- but there was absolutely no consistency. Pacers will be much better without him.
maryjanecapri
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:21:22 am »

i don't know what to think about this. carlisle was a good coach but i think ultimately he's probably more suited to College than the NBA. RC wants to have complete control over his players. that doesn't work in the NBA. NBA players want to run the game and do their thing.

and i think indiana would rather see a Suns-like game being played. i don't think they have the team for that but they could build one. and let's face it, Suns ball is much more fun to watch than grind-em out Pistons ball.
LSL
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:58:04 pm »

Quote from: "maryjanecapri"
i don't know what to think about this. carlisle was a good coach but i think ultimately he's probably more suited to College than the NBA. RC wants to have complete control over his players. that doesn't work in the NBA. NBA players want to run the game and do their thing.

and i think indiana would rather see a Suns-like game being played. i don't think they have the team for that but they could build one. and let's face it, Suns ball is much more fun to watch than grind-em out Pistons ball.

I agree!
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:28:41 am »

Quote from: "LSL"
Quote from: "maryjanecapri"

I agree!

they were able to run with isiah thomas and they look a lot more exciting back then. but they won by playing half-court basketball

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
naptown
Star

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 07:13:52 am »

He didn't let his players play they wanted to have a run an gun team but u can't do that when u call set plays everytime. he had to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: