Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making a move  (Read 2682 times)
sofakingbad
Starter

Respect: +49

« on: November 13, 2010, 11:09:48 am »

While it may be early the Wolves are starting to figure it out. Those that are healthy are starting to click.  I think they need to make a move to improve the learning curve of the players and improve the talent base.  This move would also serve to add leadership and mentoring for the next year (Rubio).

The move Trade for Steve Nash and Robin Lopez.  A package of Flynn, Brewer, Pek/Kofus and the Memphis and Utah 1st's from the Jefferson Trade,  Would add an aging mentor who is basically a coach on the floor and another active young big. A rotation of Nash/Webster/Beas/Love/Darko/Rid/Johnson/Lopez makes the playoff's this year.

PHO would cut salary and add cheap talent and add picks to reload.  The PHO owner is cheap, as demonstrated by his handling of his F.O. and free agency. 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:10:18 pm »

I'm going to say this one time in each of the threads. Please pump the brakes a bit guys. Their isn't enough time on the court together, their isn't enough consistency, no experience, no expectations. This is still a 15-30 win team, like it or not.

RIP Madawg
iyamwutiam
Star

Respect: +5

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »

While it may be early the Wolves are starting to figure it out. Those that are healthy are starting to click.  I think they need to make a move to improve the learning curve of the players and improve the talent base.  This move would also serve to add leadership and mentoring for the next year (Rubio).

The move Trade for Steve Nash and Robin Lopez.  A package of Flynn, Brewer, Pek/Kofus and the Memphis and Utah 1st's from the Jefferson Trade,  Would add an aging mentor who is basically a coach on the floor and another active young big. A rotation of Nash/Webster/Beas/Love/Darko/Rid/Johnson/Lopez makes the playoff's this year.

PHO would cut salary and add cheap talent and add picks to reload.  The PHO owner is cheap, as demonstrated by his handling of his F.O. and free agency. 

Please let me know your thoughts. 

I think Wes Johnson will be good.  With Love/Beasley -they suddenly have something -notably -because the chemistry appears SO good.  Thats scary for the future if those two big men really get a feel for each other.  Beasley on the elbow and Love on the low block -all day.  All they need now is a finisher and a 3 point shooter.  Martell Webster is that 3 point shooter and is a long 3.  That leaves the 4 spot with Wes Johnson and if they can a veteran.  Someone like an Affalo would be good for depth.  They should trade their picks for OJ Mayo in my opinion and committ to going young with all number one picks. 

The power to fit in with one’s social peers can be irresistible. To a human lemming, the logic behind
an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:22:42 pm »

For the record, this trade would easily make the Wolves a playoff team this season as long as Rambis doesn't get in the way. But it isn't going to happen, so whatever.

RIP Madawg
sofakingbad
Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 12:57:57 am »

For the record, this trade would easily make the Wolves a playoff team this season as long as Rambis doesn't get in the way. But it isn't going to happen, so whatever.

Why is this an auto no from Pho?  I would be willing to include the rights to Belly to get it done.  The last couple games (Thunder, Spurs) have shown the need for someone on the court who knows how to win.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 01:13:02 am »

Why is this an auto no from Pho?  I would be willing to include the rights to Belly to get it done.  The last couple games (Thunder, Spurs) have shown the need for someone on the court who knows how to win.

The Suns don't want to trade Nash. Or Lopez, for that matter.

RIP Madawg
shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 04:18:49 am »

Do we even want Nash? He's going to be around for maybe 1-2 years more and then we'd have sold the farm for...what? Getting knocked out of the first round of the playoffs?

Maybe do this next year, assuming there's no lockout, if we don't want the Clippers to get a good pick from us. But not now.

sofakingbad
Starter

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 09:18:14 am »

I am looking at Nash to fill the Sam Mitchell role on this team.  Savvy Vet that still has a little left in the tank but can calm down and focus the players without a timeout in a tight game,  someone who can show them what level of play and effort is needed to close out a game, and eventually a playoff opponent.

shangrila
MVP

All we see or seem is a dream within a dream

Respect: 0

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:16 pm »

But there's no long term point to it. If we were a few years ahead of our development then maybe I could get behind it, but there's no point now. We've only got like 4 players left over from last year and this year is about seeing what Love truly is, developing Beasley into a go-to player and developing Darko into a middle finger to Bill Simmons. It's not about winning, that's just been a perk for this team.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: