Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandan Wright is available  (Read 1516 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:24 am »

Supposedly he is available because the Warriors are giving up on him.  I want him, and I can't remember if it was him or Randolph Kingdom talked about last season maybe getting in a trade, but I have to think but he would be a terrific get.

I would love for the Spurs to take a shot at getting him and use Blair as the main guy in the trade.

As surprised as we've been with his production at times, from the random great games last season to the preseason and a few games early on this season, I'm still not sold on him ever being a player that contributes in meaningful playoff games.  Lets face it, against the length we will see in the playoffs he will struggle.  He is great for the regular season because soo many teams don't have good frontlines, but against the Lakers, Mavericks, and Celtics if we make it to the Finals he will be a non-factor.

Another reason why he is expendable is we already have Duncan, McDyess, Bonner and Splitter a group of bigs that are more than capable to handle the load without Blair.

Wright obviously would be a project, and would not contribute anything this season.  But we don't need him to do anything this year other than play some garbage minutes.  He would have this season to get healthy, begin to learn the system, and then either next season after McDyess retires, or the following year with Duncan probably retires (or at least continues taking steps back) he would be ready to contibute then.  He has great potential, only 23 years old, and could be a game changer defensively with his shot-blocking in a couple seasons.

The trade would be complicated because Blair only makes like $900,000 and Wright makes about $3.4 mil, but if they send a package of Blair, the trade exceptions of Theo and Jerrells (which add up to about $1.5 mil) and say Chris Quinn (who makes about $800,000) when he is available to be traded, then it adds up.

Warriors I think would do it because they would save money and get a player in Blair that could help them make the playoffs.

Any Spurs fans cool with this idea, or am I not giving Blair enough credit?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:28:58 am by 13Supernuts » Logged
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:56:08 am »

i like this idea. i just dont think the warriors would want to size down more though. and blair's performance has been down of late, i dont think his value will be right there with wright's. i hate to say that because he has managed to trim down and worked hard on his shot this summer. evidence is his freethrows. they really need to play splitter more now and involve him more

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:09:31 am »

brandan wright who hasnt even managed to complete a full season since he got drafted (ala oden)?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: