Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atlanta - Washington - Orlando  (Read 717 times)
animal collective
All-Star

A word to the wise is infuriating.

« on: November 27, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=26qobak

Robert Horry is a much better candidate for HOF then a cry baby LBJ.

helarik
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 09:54:12 am »

You know I like this trade a lot.

Atlanta gives up one of their best players but adds to two of their problems. Gortat is a nice defensive center and this would move Horford to the 4 which would make him an absolute beast. Nelson is a major upgrade at the point. This is enough to give up J-Smoove imo.

Washington gets a true shooting guard and gets rid of Arenas' huge contract.

Orlando takes on a bunch of salary but this makes them the best team in the East. Howard and J-Smoove blocking shots. I mean there are teams that wouldn't even dare to go inside against them. Arenas has a huge contract but he can be a superstar. He can fill Nelson's spot easily.
animal collective
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »

yeah Otis is really high on agent zero for some reason, it also let's Lewis slide back to the 3 and they would still have a decent bench with Duhon Q Pietrus & Bass; hopefully Orton will get to develop and bring something to the table.

as for Atlanta, maybe bc they get Nelson and already have Bibby they'll send Teague to Sac-town for Thompson giving them even more depth.

Washington does it as a salary dump and to get rid of Arenas, maybe they tank and get another young lottery pick to go along with their young core (Wall, Blatche & McGee)

[Carter would join a playoff team next season, Utah and Chicago come to mind]

tchman58
Star

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 01:56:19 pm »

i dont see atlanta being involved in a trade that makes orlando better.  with this trade atl gets arguably a little better and orlando gets a ton better, making the gap between the two teams even bigger than it already is.  atl, miami, and orlando are not going to be involved in trades with each other. 
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:45:24 am »

If Gilbert can get his act together, that would be a sick Orlando Magic team.

Jack Dempsey
Star

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:48:06 am »

i'm not a big fan of this trade although it's not bad
i like gortat on the hawks but i don't consider nelson a good player at all. the magic can't win with him so i don't see how anything would be different in atlanta. the only time orlando went to the finals he wasn't even playing.
i'm not sure it's that great for orlando either. i mean, this isn't NBA 2k, this is real life. you have to think about chemistry as well. smith would be a great fit for them defensively but how the 'bout offensive end? spreading the floor for dwight isn't that bad of an idea but besides defense, one of their major problems in the fact that there's no one who really can find the 3pt shooters. jameer's just not a playmaker, he's a SG in a PG's body and it's pretty clear that they aren't going anywhere with him. smith and arenas wouldn't fix all of their problems. guys like nash and sheed would make them a conteder. and also, i hate the idea of lewis guarding the opposites 3's.
it's a no brainer for the wizards though
animal collective
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 10:39:54 pm »

i'm not a big fan of this trade although it's not bad
i like gortat on the hawks but i don't consider nelson a good player at all. the magic can't win with him so i don't see how anything would be different in atlanta. the only time orlando went to the finals he wasn't even playing.
i'm not sure it's that great for orlando either. i mean, this isn't NBA 2k, this is real life. you have to think about chemistry as well. smith would be a great fit for them defensively but how the 'bout offensive end? spreading the floor for dwight isn't that bad of an idea but besides defense, one of their major problems in the fact that there's no one who really can find the 3pt shooters. jameer's just not a playmaker, he's a SG in a PG's body and it's pretty clear that they aren't going anywhere with him. smith and arenas wouldn't fix all of their problems. guys like nash and sheed would make them a conteder. and also, i hate the idea of lewis guarding the opposites 3's.
it's a no brainer for the wizards though

i think it's a step in the right direction for each team.. Atlanta gets way better imo, Nelson doesn't even need to distribute the rock, JJ can play point forward and Nelson can hit open 3's and do what he does, Horford slides to his natural 4; Gortat & Zaza will round out the 5

and like i said, with Nelson & Bibby at the point Teague would get no play time, why not get Thompson?? dude would be great for em

here's how their roster would look (if they trade Teague)

Nelson - Bibby
Crawford - Evans - Crawford
Johnson - Williams - Sy
Horford - Thompson - Thomas
Gortat - Zaza - Powell - Collins

Orlando's window is closing imo, i think this keeps them young and provides them with an opportunity to dominate, Smith & Howard teamed up would be BEAST imo

but anyway i feel Howard needs more touches, his offensive game is ever evolving and they don't need to be the same 3 point team with another legit post player

besides they would have a ton of 3 point shooters; Lewis, Duhon, JJ, Pietrus & Q (and hopefully agent 0)

Arenas fills Nelson's role the way you described it, not a playmaker and a SG in a PG's body. As for Lewis, Orlando is stuck no way around it.. and the beauty of having Lewis & Smith is that they can both play the 3 and 4 so they can take advantage of mismatches

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: