Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duncan's playing time  (Read 1869 times)
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« on: December 03, 2010, 08:41:19 am »

Everyone has written about how Duncan's production is down and he has a new role and whatever else, but what my issue is here is that we have heard for the last two preseasons that the goal and idea going into the season was to sit Duncan on the 2nd night of back-to-backs.  I was on board with it because it absolutely makes sense.  He has a ton of minutes on his legs and the idea is to win a championship so why not just play him in the second half of the season and the playoffs so you don't wear him down.  It also made more sense to me this season because they have more depth up front and would be able to give more minutes to Splitter and Blair.

And for the second straight season, that has not been happening.  And his production is showing.  Pop has been up and down with Duncan's minutes, and I've separated his numbers into three categories to see what has been happening to him over the course of the early season.

over 30 min games        under 30 min games      2nd night back/back

13 games                  11 games                 3 games
 33 minutes               23.8 minutes             23.7 minutes
    53% FG                   42% FG                   29% FG
 16.3 points               9.9 points               7.3 points
11.9 rebounds              6.2 rebounds             4 rebounds
 3.8 assists                2.5 assists              3 assists
 2.46 blocks               1.45 blocks              1.67 blocks
  1 steals                 0.45 steals              0.67 steals
2.46 turnovers            1.36 turnovers           1.33 turnovers

Obviously this is early in the season, and this is a very small sample size but these numbers speak for themselves.  Why not give him the full time off.  Pop, if you are already going to be over the top restrictive on his minutes anyway, having his first substitution 4 minutes into the game on a couple of occasions, just let him wear a suit then.  I would have to imagine giving him a full night off has to make a tremendous difference from playing him 20 minutes.

I know it didn't work out last season at the end because you were fighting for a playoff spot, but you are currently 15-3 right now, you have developed a cushion for now, take advantage of it.  Please stop playing Timmy on back-to-backs.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:55:17 am by 13Supernuts » Logged
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 10:07:56 am »

they are still successful anyways, and they know he is getting old, they want him to be injury free (healing/recovery may no longer be the same bec of his age) they want him healthy in the playoffs

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:30 pm »

I hope their thinking on this is to play more these first two months, build up as great of a record as they can and then in the middle of the season when they have more road games they will rest him then ramp it up again in March to get him ready for the postseason.  They have a ton of home games this month, maybe they can still be the top seed when January rolls around, and then sit him on those back-to-backs.  They only have 2 back-to-backs this month, before having 8 over the next 2 months and then 5 over the last 30 days of the season.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 01:22:22 am »

nah id rather have duncan's presence on back to backs even if it is for a few minutes. we dont know if there is a next season. duncan could be playing his final two seasons

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: