Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Derrick Rose and the Free Throw Attempts Tragedy  (Read 70358 times)
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

But seriously, if that is Derrick Rose looking to draw contact he really needs to learn how to draw contact.

I don't think that's the issue.  He is drawing contact, but refs are not calling it.

Nah.

He doesn't draw contact that warrants a call.  Yeah, maybe somebody has a hand on him every now and then or something but there is a distinct difference between the contact that guys like Wade and Westbrook draw and the kind of contact that Rose draws.

For instance, there was literally a play last night where in slow motion you could see Rose get hit literally five times during a slash to the hoop and not a single time was a foul called.

Welcome to the NBA, where you will see that on almost every play if you watch it in slow motion.

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 03:17:49 pm »

Maybe he should get to the line more.

Maybe the refs should call more fouls on his opponents.  Seriously, 17 shot attempts in the paint last night and not a single foul call?  That's ridiculous.

yes, it is ridiculous. he should have gotten to the line more.

Soon....
Sean David
a.k.a. ImSTILLa_StarBeeotch
Star

"North North, Put Ya Thumbs Up"

Respect: +674

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 03:47:45 pm »

I seem to recall yis making a similar thread about Kobe around a year ago. His argument was that he kept repeating, "do you think it's possible for Kobe to attempt 30 shots without getting fouled?"

You look like an insane homer when you make a thread like this. Rose's FTAs have gone up every year since entering the league. One more year at his current trend and he'll be getting 7 FTAs a game.

Sig by bbyao06
The_Big_Aristotle
Star

Respect: +63

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 03:51:10 pm »

Rose shies away from contact and finishes using altheticism rather than strength. But he has the frame to do both, and will grow into it.
youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 03:52:39 pm »

Every time I've watched Rose I've generally thought he avoided contact.  It's nice of greenwing to provide some stats indicating that I'm right.

He does. He's always trying some kinda reverse layup instead of putting his chest into the opponents

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

Rose's body control in the air is so extraordinary that he often does look to avoid contact instead of taking a hit. Nothing wrong with that, he's just not going to get to he line as much.

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Red_Dragon
MVP

Most Underrated 2012 - Global Moderator 2014

Respect: +814

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 04:04:13 pm »

What? Looks like he is throwing up the Crip Killa sign, whats that all about? At least I know it looks exactly like that.

ballers101
MVP

Respect: +116

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 04:04:51 pm »

FO REALZZZZ?!!?!
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 04:06:42 pm »

I seem to recall yis making a similar thread about Kobe around a year ago. His argument was that he kept repeating, "do you think it's possible for Kobe to attempt 30 shots without getting fouled?"

You look like an insane homer when you make a thread like this. Rose's FTAs have gone up every year since entering the league. One more year at his current trend and he'll be getting 7 FTAs a game.

Spoken like a true guy who hasn't been watching what has been happening.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 04:10:17 pm »

yes, none of us have been watching Rose or the Bulls at all and are completely oblivious to the fact that the refs are out to get him.

Soon....
Zander
Hall of Famer

Respect: +269

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 04:10:26 pm »

Don't you love it when someone quotes you but doesn't respond to anything you said?

And Green the Bulls are the team I watch the most outside of the Blazers.

Sig by bbyao06
cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:10 pm »

Don't you love it when someone quotes you but doesn't respond to anything you said?

I'm having chicken for dinner and will be watching 'Dexter' on television later.

Soon....
xduckshoex
Hall of Famer

Respect: +4501

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:49 pm »

I'm having chicken for dinner and will be watching 'Dexter' on television later.

Yahtzee!

"Often all it takes is a literary allusion to the idea that truth only exists in the plural to make the defenders of one truth or another sense danger, mortal danger."
kafogahoga
MVP

Respect: +297

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 04:12:58 pm »

8=======================D

Would take Hardaway over Payton in man to man defense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41   Go Up

Jump to: