Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL SPURS 2010-2011 SEASON THREAD  (Read 14609 times)
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

Respect: +1

« on: December 09, 2010, 07:56:20 pm »

Let's discuss all games, in this thread here, our boys are now 18-3 to start the season, with atlanta portland and milwaukee all coming up in the next bit at home, we might be able to push it to 21 and 3.    Let's discuss in advance game 1 of the next 3:

Atlanta Hawks:

With Joe Johnson out for a while the hawks team will rely on jamal crawford coming off the bench and going with a big line up starting Marvin Williams now at the 2 spot.

How do you think the spurs will do against the hawks?

It Was all a dream I use to read word up magazine
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:30:41 am »

So a solid home win against the hawks now moves us to 19 and 3 to start the season, I'm really impressed with how our boys are playing this season even with tim duncan showing some serious aging. Could we see a repeat though in the way that at the end of the admirals career he won a championship like duncan? 

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 12:26:37 pm »

nah that would be too good to be true. but i see us having a chance to win it all this year. and duncan wont retire after this year imo

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 05:46:11 am »

So we've got a home game tonight against the bucks, this will be the last of the homestand in which we are currently 5-0 on.  I was just looking ahead at the schedule, the spurs now will be playing I believe 6 games in 9 nights? or something crazy like that.  We've got a couple back to backs in the next week and a half, so it's a very important stretch of games coming up including, Orlando, Denver twice, Memphis, Phoenix, Milwaukee (tonight).

How do you think they'll do against these teams?  Personally i think this will be a real test for the spurs, Orlando and denver are both solid teams, and memphis and milwaukee always seem to give us trouble.  I'm predicting a 4-2 record over the next 6, though i wouldn't be completely surprised if they went 6-0.  Orlando and Denver haven't been looking the greatest, and we should be able to handle them.  However, time will tell.  Good thing is 4 pf the next 6 are at home, and the only two on the road are tomorrow night in Denver and then the 23rd in Orlando.

13Supernuts
Starter

Respect: +182

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 10:30:51 am »

I'll agree with the 4-2 prediction in that stretch.  The two road games are the back-to-backs coming up, and I would be extremely surprised if they win the Orlando game.

Actually, for the forseeable future the schedule is going to be a lot tougher.  Over the next 30 days, we will see what this team is made of because it is filled with tough teams.  I've been very impressed so far, but I still have my doubts about whether or not this is a championship level team.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 02:46:30 pm by 13Supernuts » Logged
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:38:19 am »

1 down 5 more to go, I was hoping they would have put the bucks away early in the 4th to give the boys some rest. However, chauncy billups is apparently injured so that might help our chances with denver.

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 06:03:20 am »

2 down 4 more to go.... Man oh Man what a game that was last night in denver, timmy still only played 33 minutes and had a vintage night with 28 points 16 rebounds i think like 3 assist 1 steal and 4 blocks.....

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 10:21:56 am »

Another close and solid performance from Los Spurs.  Now we've got the revamped Phoenix Suns on monday, and then Denver on wednesday and the completely revamped orlando magic on the thursday.  Now the spurs could be potentially playing a lot of small ball in the orlando game.  If they go with a line up of Howard, Hedo, j rich, arenas, and nelson... we would have to counter with Duncan, RJ, manu, J hill, Tony...

TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:08:33 am »

the spurs are currently now 5-0 over the stretch of like 6 games in 9 nights. With close wins coming in pretty well all of them. I predicted them going 4-2 during that stretch so its good that they were able to get 5 wins for sure (and maybe another one tonight). Though they have caught them breaks along the way. Chauncey didn't play in game one against them, the suns had a depleted roster in the game against them and the nuggets were without melo for game two. Now we've got the slumping magic tonight. Here's hoping we can get another win tonight, and get a few days rest over the holidays.

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »

My first instinct is to come on and say the team has looked unimpressive and is just playing well enough to win, but they are still winning games so I can't kill them for it.  These last three games have been some of the most unconsistent play I've seen from them this entire season, but they won them all so I guess I should have the thought "All's well that ends well."

This last Denver game in particular, Tony and Manu were not sharp.  They were making questionable passes, missing open guys, taking bad shots and having defensive lapses.  They need to get their heads in every game if anyone is to take them seriously as MVP candidates.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »

big big game tomorrow night against the Lakers, This game as well as mavs game will be a true test to the spurs, and i think will indicate whether or not they will need to make a trade..

13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 12:59:18 pm »

The Spurs haven't played well lately, and the Lakers are crazy motivated in this game.  Unless we shoot well from 3, I don't think we win.  For the Spurs to win this game, the score needs to be in the 100s.
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:23 am »

Alright, I give up.  I'm just going to sit back and just enjoy the ride.  Very little is making sense to me about this team, so I will just admit that I know nothing about this team.  It may be situation were I follow the team to close to get an accurate view, thats what I'll tell myself anyway.

GO SPURS!
13Supernuts
Starter

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 05:51:27 pm »

This tough stretch of games just got a little easier today, first the Mavs rule out Dirk for tonight's game and KG is going to be out for the game next Wednesday.
TheWorldsGreatest-TD
Star

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 08:24:43 am »

This tough stretch of games just got a little easier today, first the Mavs rule out Dirk for tonight's game and KG is going to be out for the game next Wednesday.

the spurs are catching some breaks, let's just hope we take advantage of them.  So far we took advantage of the one with the win against the mavs, Rajon might be back for the boston game, but if we can get a win against the celtics as well, that'd be great.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: